Tolbunt Polish

Yes you got ripped off. They don't know what Tolbunts are supposed to look like or they wouldn't have put a picture of this rooster on their website.

That is where your single combs came from. If I were you I'd ask for a refund.

Last edited:
Yes you got ripped off. They don't know what Tolbunts are supposed to look like or they wouldn't have put a picture of this rooster on their website.

That is where your single combs came from. If I were you I'd ask for a refund.
Good catch i totally missed his comb cause i had to use my phone to look at their website and none of their pics would enlarge. Now i definately see it though.

So I have a breeding question. I have three Tolbunt polish. A rooster and hen who I think are brother and sister, cause their from the same person. I also have a rooster from eggs I hatched on eBay. Would it be ok to breed the hen to the unrelated roo and take the females from them and breed them to the other roo? I bought eggs last year on eBay to hopefully get some more hens, but I ended up with a rooster.

I got a chick from a local breeder. The mom was a beautiful Tolbunt and not sure what the dad was. The chick doesn't exactly look Tolbunt but it was only 10 dollars. I thought that was a great price for a Tolbunt so I bought it. How do you think it'll turn out? Someone I talked to said Golden Laced, which is beautiful, so I wouldn't mind at all. Just wondering what you think.

Thank you!

P.S. last night she grew a white tipped feather on her head!

So I have a breeding question. I have three Tolbunt polish. A rooster and hen who I think are brother and sister, cause their from the same person. I also have a rooster from eggs I hatched on eBay. Would it be ok to breed the hen to the unrelated roo and take the females from them and breed them to the other roo? I bought eggs last year on eBay to hopefully get some more hens, but I ended up with a rooster.
Incest in poultry is not really a big concern, the biggest concern is working with a small gene pool, so you would not want to continually breed with the same family of chickens. So breeding out to an unrelated male and then breeding back to related ones would be fine just dont go like 4 or 5 generations with just those chickens an their progeny.

I got a chick from a local breeder. The mom was a beautiful Tolbunt and not sure what the dad was. The chick doesn't exactly look Tolbunt but it was only 10 dollars. I thought that was a great price for a Tolbunt so I bought it. How do you think it'll turn out? Someone I talked to said Golden Laced, which is beautiful, so I wouldn't mind at all. Just wondering what you think.

Thank you!

P.S. last night she grew a white tipped feather on her head!
Definately looks like a golden laced X tolbunt chick

Back
Top Bottom