Too cold?

Jan 17, 2021
Too cold to move to the coop? Chicks are 9 weeks

Attachments

• 52F07DB0-294A-467A-A204-C4F55ECF8783.jpeg
    52F07DB0-294A-467A-A204-C4F55ECF8783.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 14
Too cold to move to the coop? Chicks are 9 weeks
Where are your pullets now and what is the temperature? I assume you pulled their heat source about 3 weeks ago?
They should be fine but you don't want to shock them. If they are being kept in the house at 70F you might want to move them to an area (like your basement or unheated garage) that is around 50 for two days then put them out.

Where are your pullets now and what is the temperature? I assume you pulled their heat source about 3 weeks ago?
They should be fine but you don't want to shock them. If they are being kept in the house at 70F you might want to move them to an area (like your basement or unheated garage) that is around 50 for two days then put them out.

They’re currently In my sunroom...fully opened cage and it’s been like 42 in there

Was just about to ask this same question. Ours are about 8 weeks. I'll move them to the basement for a few days, hopefully that will do it? They've been in the entryway, at around 60F, and we pulled the heater two weeks ago.

Sorry for hijacking, lemme know if I should just start a new thread.

Was just about to ask this same question. Ours are about 8 weeks. I'll move them to the basement for a few days, hopefully that will do it? They've been in the entryway, at around 60F, and we pulled the heater two weeks ago.

Sorry for hijacking, lemme know if I should just start a new thread.
What are your outside temps? Are they similar to the original poster?

Back
Top Bottom