took me a while to figure this out.

lillianfarms

Hatching
Jan 24, 2015
wilmington nc
I purchased three ducks from an individual who told me he was selling Indian runner ducklings. after about 6 weeks I have yet to see these birds take on any of the characteristics in a runner. Can someone confirm for me if these are actually rouen ducks? I also have some blue Swedish ducks in the pic.

I think they are Rouen, but I'm not an expert by any means. I can tell you they are not runners at all, they don't even look like mixes. They are very pretty though.

none of those are rouen they all seem mixed , the one that looks closet to a rouen isn't one because of the ashy gray on it.

its not a blue fawn rouen because its not a gray blue thatis seen on blue fawn rouens but its a dull gray seen more on swedish ducks

but they are very pretty

Last edited:
none of those are rouen they all seem mixed , the one that looks closet to a rouen isn't one because of the ashy gray on it.

its not a blue fawn rouen because its not a gray blue thatis seen on blue fawn rouens but its a dull gray seen more on swedish ducks

but they are very pretty

So you think they are rouen/swedish mix?

maybe not even that it is unsure to say what your ducks are, you have one that looks a bit like a swedish but im not a swedish expert so i dont really know

Last edited:
yeah they could be anything any mixture, could be mallard with a pekin or rouen with a swedish or even a saxony, welsh halequin something else mix

the possiblities are so great that it might take a Dna test to tell the breeds.

Back
Top Bottom