Tosia doesn’t want to eat, drinks a lot - what is happening? Please help my best hen-friend

Weronikot

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2022
Hello everyone!
My beloved Tosia was a very lively and characterful hen. For 3 days, Tosia has been eating almost nothing (I give her something to eat through a syringe). But - she drinks a lot. At first she was coughing and feeling weak. She laid an egg 3 days ago, when she was already weak. Tosia used to talk loudly before and liked to shout at the other hens, but now she doesn't say anything. Yesterday a doctor gave her an antibiotic for inflammation of air sacs. I think she had a fever yesterday. The poop is whitish, mostly watery, with brown solids. Tosia walks, sometimes lies and looks around. The eyes are healthy, free from contamination. It worries me that he eats little and hides from hens, moves little, does not want to go outside. Has anyone had the same? I am worried that my dear Tosia will die, she is my best friend. I'm very worried. Do you have any advice on what else I can do? Tosia has also inhaled saline, since then she has no stuffy nose and she is breathing freely. Are there any chances of recovery? What can I put her in the mouth to eat as long as she doesn't want to eat herself? At the photo she has yellow beak because of eating yolk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 3
Maybe try giving her some of her favorite treats to start off with, that’s what I did with one of my chicks who had wry and wasn’t eating. Try giving her some mealworms or oats. Other chicken owners might not agree with me but what I say is doesn’t matter what she’s eating as long as she’s eating. Don’t only feed her treats try mixing her treats in with her regular food when she starts eating a little more. Have you given her any vitamins?

Maybe try giving her some of her favorite treats to start off with, that’s what I did with one of my chicks who had wry and wasn’t eating. Try giving her some mealworms or oats. Other chicken owners might not agree with me but what I say is doesn’t matter what she’s eating as long as she’s eating. Don’t only feed her treats try mixing her treats in with her regular food when she starts eating a little more. Have you given her any vitamins?

She got the Dolmix D vitamins mixed with lightly boiled yolk - just eats of her own free will, sometimes she will scatter some food and eat very little. Tosia loves lightly cooked meat and now doesn't want to eat this either. SHe just looks at the food and walks away

Back
Top Bottom