Toulouse Geese Thread

my toulouse geese are about three months old . when will they start flying ?
idunno.gif

my toulouse geese are about three months old . when will they start flying ?
idunno.gif
Are you worried they will fly off? Mine play at flying in the long driveway but just barely get off the ground, But jtn has Toulouse that fly pretty high so if your concerned you might want to clip one wing.

What no pictures??
smile.png

Are you worried they will fly off? Mine play at flying in the long driveway but just barely get off the ground, But jtn has Toulouse that fly pretty high so if your concerned you might want to clip one wing.

What no pictures??
smile.png

i want them to fly . i lead them to the end of my driveway , but instead of them flying back , they'll walk back ,lol, my computer out so i won't be able to post any pics :(..

i want them to fly . i lead them to the end of my driveway , but instead of them flying back , they'll walk back ,lol, my computer out so i won't be able to post any pics :(..
Hey, sorry to but in :(. I just wanted you to know i wanted my toulouses to fly and once they learned I was so glad. Now they are almost 4 months and can fly 100 yards maybe more. It would be good but know they fly out accidently into the wheat field and get lost. The other geese move on with out it and it has no idea where it is. Good Luck and know I had a ball teaching them to fly :)

Hey, sorry to but in :(. I just wanted you to know i wanted my toulouses to fly and once they learned I was so glad. Now they are almost 4 months and can fly 100 yards maybe more. It would be good but know they fly out accidently into the wheat field and get lost. The other geese move on with out it and it has no idea where it is. Good Luck and know I had a ball teaching them to fly :)
I see some problems with letting our geese fly, where will they end up? in someones back yard that has dogs or out in the road to be hit by a passing car? here I have a mountain river to worry about if my geese flew down to it they could be miles down river before I could even know they are gone. So I clip one wing to make sure they are safe here at home. Even flying out of the fence is too dangerous you never know what might be close by.

How did you teach them to fly ? Did you run one way and they follow ? That's what I do and instead of them flying back they'll walk back
1f602.png

I see some problems with letting our geese fly, where will they end up? in someones back yard that has dogs or out in the road to be hit by a passing car? here I have a mountain river to worry about if my geese flew down to it they could be miles down river before I could even know they are gone. So I clip one wing to make sure they are safe here at home. Even flying out of the fence is too dangerous you never know what might be close by.
I live on 11 acres so they won't go anywhere.

I NEED HELP TRAINING MY TOULOUSE TRIO FLYING , i put them up top of my house and they fly down really well , but they wont take of from the ground and fly , i do let them run down my drive way but they only do enough to get where in my front yard , WHAT SHOULD I DO !!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

I NEED HELP TRAINING MY TOULOUSE TRIO FLYING , i put them up top of my house and they fly down really well , but they wont take of from the ground and fly , i do let them run down my drive way but they only do enough to get where in my front yard , WHAT SHOULD I DO !!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif
Zaccurry why are you wanting them to fly? I'd say if they want to they will so try to be patient.

hi toulouse normally don't fly and if they do they don't get far and are poor flyers at best. maybe a short hop if the wind is right but they land very hard. wouldn't encourage to fly.

Back
Top Bottom