Toulouse Geese Thread

Hi, Toulousemama here... Today my girls had 2 new experiences and Gilda and Gertrude are now on their way to being all grown up......the first was watermellon, which to my surprise, they were like to kids in a toy store.....they couldnt eat it fast enough
1f609.png
....the second was their first encounter with a baby garter snake.... OMG!!!!!!!!! The wing were flapping and they were squaking so loud I thought my ear drums were gonna pop..... Lol. The good thing is that the snake didnt stick around and 2) they finally settled down so I could give them a small treat.... Lol. Well thats all for now... I wonder what tomorrow will bring in the lives of Gilda and Gertrude? Bye for now, Toulousemama......
It's always exciting when we have geese. Mine love water melon but the price is too high I have to feed 8 ducks 4 geese and 16 chickens which would take 2 and 2 for 10.00 is way to high. Only over 4th of July was it 2.99 each and I did give everyone a treat of water melon.

Keep us updated. Oh mine do not like snakes either. lol

I've got 7 toulouse geese that were hatched in mid-May. Their feet were grey as babies, but have since turned orange. Their bills stayed black. Will they ever change to orange? Every picture of a toulouse I've ever seen had an orange bill.

I've got 7 toulouse geese that were hatched in mid-May. Their feet were grey as babies, but have since turned orange. Their bills stayed black. Will they ever change to orange? Every picture of a toulouse I've ever seen had an orange bill.
Can you post a pic? I actually had to go out and look at my Toulouse's bills I knew they weren't black but wasn't sure they were completely orange either. They are orangish but not real orange either.

It's always exciting when we have geese. Mine love water melon but the price is too high I have to feed 8 ducks 4 geese and 16 chickens which would take 2 and 2 for 10.00 is way to high. Only over 4th of July was it 2.99 each and I did give everyone a treat of water melon.

Keep us updated. Oh mine do not like snakes either. lol
Wish I could ship you a load of melons. Ours are down to 1.99 each for watermelons now, locally grown. Today they had local pumpkins for 2.99 each. I have not tried giving mine pumpkin but I understand they should like it.

Wish I could ship you a load of melons. Ours are down to 1.99 each for watermelons now, locally grown. Today they had local pumpkins for 2.99 each. I have not tried giving mine pumpkin but I understand they should like it.

Darn I just looked again at store water melons still 4.99 I guess none local grown here. Pumpkins weren't a big hit here not even with the chickens and they will eat almost anything. Let us know if yours like the pumpkins.

Hi everyone Toulousemama here,
Well Gilda and Gertrude are having some wonderful and some not so wonderful experiences since the last time I wrote..
First the good..... Seems they love to fly....yep fly...I was outside Wednesday doing some yard work as it was finally cool enough when i heard a large group of Canadian geese fly over. Their honking was a pleasant sound. Of course Gilda and Gertrude turned their heads side ways to see them and felt it was their duty to respond. Respond they did...with voices squaking in unison, wings flapping it was like cousins saying "hi come visit, weve missed seeing you."
Now the not so good..... I mentioned earlier they both are flying... Well the flight patterns aren't to good as of yet. They can not contol where the fly and land... It was the same day they both decided to takr off. They both got a good rubnning start and in the air they went but somewhere along the way Gilda went left and Gertrude went right they did a heart and smacked head first into each other.... Sorry everyone but all I could do was laugh.... They both are ok... Silly geese.... Guess thats all for now.... Have a glourious day. Toulousemama

Hi everyone Toulousemama here,
Well Gilda and Gertrude are having some wonderful and some not so wonderful experiences since the last time I wrote..
First the good..... Seems they love to fly....yep fly...I was outside Wednesday doing some yard work as it was finally cool enough when i heard a large group of Canadian geese fly over. Their honking was a pleasant sound. Of course Gilda and Gertrude turned their heads side ways to see them and felt it was their duty to respond. Respond they did...with voices squaking in unison, wings flapping it was like cousins saying "hi come visit, weve missed seeing you."
Now the not so good..... I mentioned earlier they both are flying... Well the flight patterns aren't to good as of yet. They can not contol where the fly and land... It was the same day they both decided to takr off. They both got a good rubnning start and in the air they went but somewhere along the way Gilda went left and Gertrude went right they did a heart and smacked head first into each other.... Sorry everyone but all I could do was laugh.... They both are ok... Silly geese.... Guess thats all for now.... Have a glourious day. Toulousemama
That is funny, we are getting the Canada geese flying over head but thankfully mine are up for the night when they come over but they all run to the window to watch. Poor girls may have had a headache after that collision. If you don't want them flying you can clip a wing on each one. I have a great chart if you want it.

I want to know about the bill color because I've got a strong feeling these guys aren't toulouse. I ordered toulouse goslings and got these. What do y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom