Toulouse Geese Thread

Pics
Have a fun new pic of Spirit to share, taken right after he got out of kiddie pool.
big_smile.png

aoxa, that stinks, we have been screwed like that after an original deal was made. I would pay the gas money and get the gander in hand. I would then let him know how disappointed you were with how the original deal was not kept to of $50 plus a gosling. I may even go as far (only after you have the gander in hand) of saying you will need compensation for the gosling (if there is a gander produced since its your girls first year) since the original deal had since changed.

aoxa, that stinks, we have been screwed like that after an original deal was made. I would pay the gas money and get the gander in hand. I would then let him know how disappointed you were with how the original deal was not kept to of $50 plus a gosling. I may even go as far (only after you have the gander in hand) of saying you will need compensation for the gosling (if there is a gander produced since its your girls first year) since the original deal had since changed.
That's great advice. Thank you.

I am getting that gander no matter what. When he wants one in return, I will request the same shipping cost as I paid him. That seems reasonable to me.

I doubt we will do it next year. Probably the year after.

Meet Buddy, our one Toulouse Goose in with the 5 African Geese. He/She was sent as a chick with the Africans from Idea. We ordered a straight run of Africans, we got 6 chicks. It was only apparent after about two weeks that Buddy was not an African. I would pick up the chick and say, "Come here, Buddy, what are you?" So the name stuck. Reading up on Toulouse, they say that sometimes they don't get along with other breeds. We must have a mellow flock or something, because he's fine. I am also watching for more aggressive behavior now that they are getting sexually mature. Buddy and the rest of the flock are 17 weeks old. Dave and I decided that this weekend we must sex them. It's getting to the point where we must just gather up our gumption, perhaps practice a bit on the chickens and just get. it. done. It's just not going to be fun for either of us. If Buddy is in fact female as I suspect, then I'd like to get Buddy a Toulouse Gander.

Meet Buddy, our one Toulouse Goose in with the 5 African Geese. He/She was sent as a chick with the Africans from Idea. We ordered a straight run of Africans, we got 6 chicks. It was only apparent after about two weeks that Buddy was not an African. I would pick up the chick and say, "Come here, Buddy, what are you?" So the name stuck. Reading up on Toulouse, they say that sometimes they don't get along with other breeds. We must have a mellow flock or something, because he's fine. I am also watching for more aggressive behavior now that they are getting sexually mature. Buddy and the rest of the flock are 17 weeks old. Dave and I decided that this weekend we must sex them. It's getting to the point where we must just gather up our gumption, perhaps practice a bit on the chickens and just get. it. done. It's just not going to be fun for either of us. If Buddy is in fact female as I suspect, then I'd like to get Buddy a Toulouse Gander.
Very pretty and don't you think Buddy thinks he/she is an African and the Africans think Buddy is an African since they all came together?

Sometimes I think so! He/she calls just like them, gets feisty like them and likes to harass our Pekin ducks like them. Buddy certainly does not have an inferiority complex. I told Dave, the hubby that if we were to start the whole poultry flock over again, we'd get all Buddy's.

Of our two production toulouse one hung around with the africans (before we sold them) and one stuck more with the sebastopols. The one who was buddies with the africans is more vocal and quicker to neck shiver and hiss. Both are easy keepers though.

Back
Top Bottom