Toulouse Geese Thread

Pics
Oh that's great news that your home safely. He looks nice and chunky with good prominent breast. I can see the promise of his keel coming and that should keep developing. Our late hatched young split ganders have only just started developing their keel. Plenty of time for him to grow and develop. He already looks lovely but just wait and see how he'll look next Autumn :D

Oh that's great news that your home safely. He looks nice and chunky with good prominent breast. I can see the promise of his keel coming and that should keep developing. Our late hatched young split ganders have only just started developing their keel. Plenty of time for him to grow and develop. He already looks lovely but just wait and see how he'll look next Autumn :D
Thank you Pete :D

My girls are teaching him that I = treats. He's already attached to them, and if they are out of sight, he honks crazily until they re-appear.

I'll be keeping weekly pictures - as I always tend to do.. I'm sure he will change very drastically between this year and next. Can't wait to see these three in their full development.

Thank you Pete
big_smile.png

My girls are teaching him that I = treats. He's already attached to them, and if they are out of sight, he honks crazily until they re-appear.
I'll be keeping weekly pictures - as I always tend to do.. I'm sure he will change very drastically between this year and next. Can't wait to see these three in their full development.
He is gorgeous and looks like he fits right in.

As promised.. Pictures
smile.png

Okay here he is with the girls
big_smile.png
Everyone meet Winston!
_MG_7081.jpg

(Centre) Rosa on right, Tilly on left. I actually like that Tilly has blue eyes. It makes it easier to tell them apart.
_MG_7083.jpg

_MG_7086.jpg

Long car ride..
_MG_7088.jpg

_MG_7090.jpg

Rosa is in love
wink.png

_MG_7087.jpg

Still has to develop his keel more, but he is summer hatched.
_MG_7082.jpg

Behind Rosa to the right.
_MG_7080.jpg

My beautiful trees are bare.. The yard is ugly
sad.png

_MG_7078.jpg

Butt shot. He's in the middle again.
Your Trio is beautiful!
droolin.gif
I hope he continues to fill in! Hope you have good luck next year breeding them

Here is an updated picture of my Toulouse Goose she is now 5months 11 days old. Does it look like her Keel and dewlap are developing well? Is it the apropriate size for her age?

Hi- your youngster is developingwell and still looks nice and 'blocky' in apeearence. Impossible to judge her size from the picture but I can see some development of her dewlap and keel. The problem with the Dewlaps is that they're a slow developing breed with some lines showing their potential early while others are late.

However by the end of the year many experienced breeders hope to see the dewlap and keel well developed but these features continue to develop further in the 2nd and 3rd year.

For comparison here's a picture of one our our 5 month old females.

Last edited:
Hi- your youngster is developingwell and still looks nice and 'blocky' in apeearence. Impossible to judge her size from the picture but I can see some development of her dewlap and keel. The problem with the Dewlaps is that they're a slow developing breed with some lines showing their potential early while others are late.

However by the end of the year many experienced breeders hope to see the dewlap and keel well developed but these features continue to develop further in the 2nd and 3rd year.

For comparison here's a picture of one our our 5 month old females.

Thank you pete for the comparision photo, she looks good
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom