Toulouse Geese Thread

How do your Toulouse get along with your chickens? I just ordered 2 Toulouse along with 25 chicks.
My geese are adults but they do tolerate the chickens and ducks, I have a 1/2 acre fenced in so plenty of room for staying out of every ones way, They don't sleep with them though I can't even imagine my geese sleeping in the same house with the chickens or ducks, they are just too tempermental during breeding season.

Be sure to post pics when you get them,

while tiny they will all get along great but geese grow alot faster so you may have to split brooder eventually before they are old enough to go outside.

You changed your avatar again, MLyd! Very nice. Did you make it?
rkellet, I don´t have toulouse, but I have some cross-breeds and some pilgrim-types. The cross-breeds are far more aggravating (not aggressive, just annoying) to the chickens than my pilgrim-types, so I´d say it depends on the geese you have. And are the 2 toulouse a pair, or two females? 2 females prob wouldn´t be much of a problem. It´s more the ganders that get uppity.

You changed your avatar again, MLyd! Very nice. Did you make it?
rkellet, I don´t have toulouse, but I have some cross-breeds and some pilgrim-types. The cross-breeds are far more aggravating (not aggressive, just annoying) to the chickens than my pilgrim-types, so I´d say it depends on the geese you have. And are the 2 toulouse a pair, or two females? 2 females prob wouldn´t be much of a problem. It´s more the ganders that get uppity.
Wish I could take credit for that livin but nope just something I found a sale for 25 cents, can you imagine someone put all that time into this and it ended up selling for 25 cents. It's actually a book that has a place for a tablet and place for stamps.

Wish I could take credit for that livin but nope just something I found a sale for 25 cents, can you imagine someone put all that time into this and it ended up selling for 25 cents. It's actually a book that has a place for a tablet and place for stamps.
Wow, 25c! That was a shame for them, but a great buy for you, good purchase, it´s lovely!! And useful, too!!

Wow, 25c! That was a shame for them, but a great buy for you, good purchase, it´s lovely!! And useful, too!!
I like it.
smile.png
of course I like anything goose.

This is exciting - I got my first nest builder today! She does have that really low voice + the nest building attempt really should = at least 1 female out of 7 geese. Well, only lasted about half an hour and she is already out with the others again... I'll start putting out some oyster shells just in case.
Hmmm - I just collected THREE eggs from what is now a large and well defined straw nest! Do geese share their nest like chickens? Now it's even more puzzling how many females I have...

Hmmm - I just collected THREE eggs from what is now a large and well defined straw nest! Do geese share their nest like chickens? Now it's even more puzzling how many females I have...
I think they do but only have a goose and a gander hopefully someone more qualified will speak up.

:-D Hello all here is my girl and her snow buddie's.

My goose is going through a tough time right now. She apparently has bumble foot.

I do not have a mate for my girl Sophie yet (anyone have a gander looking for a goose?) Lol

Last edited:
:-D Hello all here is my girl and her snow buddie's.

My goose is going through a tough time right now. She apparently has bumble foot.

I do not have a mate for my girl Sophie yet (anyone have a gander looking for a goose?) Lol
Hi and what pretty birds, finding a gander shouldn't be too difficult have you looked on the re homing thread or buy sell trade? Honestly that foot doesn't look that bad you should have seen my brahma hens she had it in both. I think you can get that cleared up pretty easy, and glad to have you in the goose thread.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom