Toulouse Geese Thread

The only other thing I'm unsure about is if the eggs are fertle. I have never seen them mate
You will not always see geese mate. We see ours because their pen is across our yard first in a line of poultry pens and can be seen from our dining room window. Mating is typically pretty quick and over with. The strutting and honking/bragging is more noticeable in our case. Give her the requisite 28-35 days and see what happens. If she abandons the nest, or if there is no hatching after that time, dispose of the eggs (careful to not break them) and clean the pen and nest. She could just have gone broody but there is probably more than a 50/50 chance of at least one fertile egg.

How old are your geese, that will play a part in the entire drama as well.

That makes me feel better. They are about two years old. Got them as a pair from Murray mcMurry hatchery.
If they are two years old and are a bonded pair that I would be surprised if at least some of the eggs were not fertile.

I am taking the natural approach...letting them do it their way...mainly because I don't really have a clue what it must be like. But they seem to have it all in control and are doing just fine. Yours probably are doing the same thing and are thinking..."what is that man so worried about?"

Whew! I just spent a week or so, reading this whole thread. I loved it!

Hi, I'm Rosie! I am incubating 7 Toulouse eggs right now-3 production greys and 4 dewlap buffs. I've candled them (only around day 6) and I can already see some nice veining so I'm pretty excited. I am incubating 8 Indian runner duck eggs as well. (They are at day 23-almost time for lockdown!)

I also have 1 Indian Runner duck (Hiawatha) and 9 chickens-3 Black Australorps, 1 red production, and 4 RIR/Cochin mixes (these are still babies-but boy are they FLUFFY!) My Indian Runner is only 4 months old, and lives inside as of now because this winter has been SO brutal and cold, I can't imagine putting him outside with the chickens who will be sure to ostracize him (They are rather snotty-good thing they lay delicious eggs!)

I've been drooling over all of your beautiful Toulouse (and other) geese pictures. I decided on Toulouse a while ago, so now I hope to have some goslings to cuddle in less than a month!
fl.gif

Whew! I just spent a week or so, reading this whole thread. I loved it!

Hi, I'm Rosie! I am incubating 7 Toulouse eggs right now-3 production greys and 4 dewlap buffs. I've candled them (only around day 6) and I can already see some nice veining so I'm pretty excited. I am incubating 8 Indian runner duck eggs as well. (They are at day 23-almost time for lockdown!)

I also have 1 Indian Runner duck (Hiawatha) and 9 chickens-3 Black Australorps, 1 red production, and 4 RIR/Cochin mixes (these are still babies-but boy are they FLUFFY!) My Indian Runner is only 4 months old, and lives inside as of now because this winter has been SO brutal and cold, I can't imagine putting him outside with the chickens who will be sure to ostracize him (They are rather snotty-good thing they lay delicious eggs!)

I've been drooling over all of your beautiful Toulouse (and other) geese pictures. I decided on Toulouse a while ago, so now I hope to have some goslings to cuddle in less than a month!
fl.gif
Look forward to seeing those precious goslings. You'll love the breed.

We finally got a friend for Kiwi. We made the pin twice the regular size since these are two full grown geese that will run away if we don't pin them. We're getting hot wire this weekend to go on the outside, they sleep in the garage.
Okay here it goes- WHAT SEX IS THIS NEW GOOSE? Her/his name is Mango, sticking with the fruit, except I don't have enough fruits to name the eight babies coming. Pics:

The pin is a temporary thing until the babies come. Then hopefully they can move into the iron-bar fence. So what sex do you think h/she is? It's very small and has a very skinny neck.

Toulouse need toys it help them keep busy I find a Kong toy fairly big stuffed with flock raiser and sprouted Multigrain bread like Ezekiel bread keeps mine busy for like 3 hours and believe me they get into it it's quite the spectacle also I have a 12 ft shallow pool in the ground for mine although they don't require water I just think it's mean if they can't swim I mean they have flippers for a reason lol

Back
Top Bottom