Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are sexlinks the ones with spots one their heads are roosters.

But they look more like barred rocks or cuckoo marans to me.

Oh ok. They weren't labeled as anything in particular other than pullets, so I'm clueless as to what they are.

Barred rocks or the marans would be just fine with us! :) Just looked those up...Definitely looks more like them! Thanks

Anyone in the Lubbock area want to go in on TS chicks?

I will probably end up getting more than the requisite six, but I don't want all of them the same breed. TS spaces out their "specialty" chick shipments, and don't know what they are getting until that morning. Some of the specialties can go quick (i.e. the minorcas they got Tuesday were gone in about a day). I'm looking for a couple here, and couple there. Is there anyone that may want to do the same thing, and we could cooperate and get a better diverse selection without having to get 24-36 chicks to accomplish it?

So far I got some black stars , broilers , golden comets, speckled Sussex and pekin ducks from our two stores. I lost one g. comet it was fine when I went to bed and dead by midnight. All of them came from Mt Healthy. My stores were in Leitchfield and Etown Ky. Tomorrow i'll check what they have and Mondays I head over to Orschelns in Radcliff. Cant really buy anything though, my two bins are filled. Cant wait to get the broilers and ducks out. Messy little boogers.
barnie.gif

Not chicks but we got 5 black ducklings, straitght run, I think they are Swedish (black)....

Hope at least 2 are females and no idea what to do with the drakes--- half our chicks (feedstore buy ) look to be males too.... so a dilemma presents itself, we havent butchered any of chickens yet and its our 3rd yr....

Not chicks but we got 5 black ducklings, straitght run, I think they are Swedish (black)....

Hope at least 2 are females and no idea what to do with the drakes--- half our chicks (feedstore buy ) look to be males too.... so a dilemma presents itself, we havent butchered any of chickens yet and its our 3rd yr....

I was in Dixon and I decided to drop by the TSC there. They had a whole assortment of ducks from, mallard, pekins, khakis and some looked like magpies. I didn't study them for gender, because I was interested in the bantam bin. Lol

So, hoping this can be answered here so I don't have to start a new thread..:p Our Tractor supply has a bunch of chicks in right now. A lot of what they had earlier this week was already sold out by this evening, however the "Pullet" bin still was quite full of these little ones in the pic. What type of chicks are these? From looking around online, appears they are Black Star Sex Links? If so, are they actually pullets? This is a grainy pic...TSC had a big horse fence corral around the chicks to keep people from getting too close to the chicks when they aren't actively watching them. Planning to maybe get 6 of them next week with 6 (or 3 and 3 of something else) of what we find at Southern states.
Pullets with no specific breed are going to be female and that's all the info the hatchery will give TSC. Likely barred rocks.

Thank you very much! :)

Barred rocks and the cuckoo marans were breeds we were interested in. Unfortunately, TSC was sold out of them by this evening. We'll be stopping by tomorrow to see if they have anything new in. Tonight they had ducklings and bantams. :)

They did tell us tonight that they can order pretty much any breed that we want. They have a list of 60+ breeds they can order.

Quote:
I thought barred rocks' spots were more yellow, these look very white. Also, do I see some white on the chest area? If so, I'm leaning more to Australorps.
I will freely admit that it has been a while since I have seen chicks of any of these varieties (they grow so fast)...I'm an Easter Egger kind of gal myself but I love my friendly Barred Rock girls too.
CG

Back
Top Bottom