Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was only wondering and in no way was I bashing. I wondered about peoples experiences with TS. I understand everyones experiences are different.

While my experience may not be the norm, we purchased six chicks from TSC that were three days old. We have had them for four weeks now, and they are all doing well. So far we haven't had any problems, and they are all healthy. BTW, they're red sex links.

I wonder if the chicks from TS are healthy?

I have not had a single issue with chicks I've gotten from TSC (at last count, over 20).

They label what comes from the hatchery, which mails the chicks to them, just like everywhere else, unless another feed store either drives to a hatchery or uses a local breeder. My small local feed store has no idea what's in their tub.....

I have 16 chicks from Tractor Supply, they are growing like weeds, we did have one Bantam pass away. He was a little guy, and just some are weaker than others in the transitioning. The 16 I have are happy, healthy and doing great at 6 weeks now. I would go there again. The tetra tints I got are so friendly and even the barred rocks are great. My bantam rooster is all ready trying to crow and he was only 5 weeks when he tried. We live in NH and go to Chichester TSC. I will post a pic!

Rusty our barred rock rooster

Our hens all happy hanging out under my deck in all my junk. Love the one on the rake. My golden commet

Tetra tinted and barred rock hens.

I am new to the world of BYC and just joined tonight, we went to our local TSC to check there chicks over atwoods when the two guys after being asked about the breeds replied we don't know anything and if the were sexed, replied its a 50/50 or get pullets, I said never mind. TSC was nice, had signs of the breeds with a short info of each, what were good egg layers, how fast the grew, our selection if can remember, were red pullets, think its wyandotte's, RIR, there some white pullets but they called them something else and another bin of something I can't remember which. The girl that helps us was nice, and checked each chick as we told her we were only allowed hens in city limits. Even asking her questions for other stuff she was nice and helpful, but also honest. I would go back to TSC if I had too, I do have a small local feed store I had forgotten about, I will need to stop in there in a day or two and check them out and see what they have if anything.

Welcome!
I do love tsc also. They've been my go-to place for pet supplies, even beating out Sams on price for things like cat litter. They have hands down the best prices on bird seed too.
Anyhow, we've always been treated well at ours, in Hurricane, WV, but when it comes to chicks they aren't always labeled properly and customers' kids pick them up and probably dump them back in any ol bin. I saw some teenagers doing that last time I was there. Also, one lady knows all about their birds, what they are, when shipments arrive, etc but if she's not there it's unlikely you'd get any good information from the younger ones that work there. They're fairly new and working after school :)
Beth

Back
Top Bottom