Tractor Supply Chicks

I went to Knisely's today and picked up 3 Barred Rocks (Ideal) have 3 BLRW that were born on the 16th, 3 Buff Orps and 3 Marans on order from a guy in MD, 3 Wellies and 3 Delawares on order from a different guy, and finally 3 Ameraucanas and 3 EE's on order from sgtmom! And of course whatever grabs me when I get the next email from Kniselys. There were 3 ducklings in with the Barred Rocks this morning, luckily the guy in front of me took those...or I'dve come home with those too!

You know it's sad when you just walk into the store & the clerk says "they will be here Monday" before you even can say Hi. Hope they still have some by the time I get off work. Did go ahead & get the chick starter food.

yuckyuck.gif
Our TSC has such a high turn over rate I could go there everyday and three months later no one would know me, except maybe the manager.

I asked them today if they were going to have cochins. One employee was like "coaches?"
smack.gif

Even the store manager had no idea what breeds they'll have he just said "6 or 7 variations."
Oh well. Last year they were getting 2.75 for sex links and RIR pullets, most of the others were 1.99. I believe the ducks were also 2.75, or maybe 3.00.

Last edited:
You know it's sad when you just walk into the store & the clerk says "they will be here Monday" before you even can say Hi. Hope they still have some by the time I get off work. Did go ahead & get the chick starter food.

I got a mixed reaction at my favorite feed store: as I stepped up from the parking lot, the stock kid with a hand-truck of feed bags on its way to a customer's car leaned my way and said, sotto voice, "Chicks here this Thursday." When I approached the counter, the gal behind it who has purchased fertile eggs from me for her broody hens said, "Linda, you better get everything you need tonight, because we'll have chicks on Thursday. You don't need any more chicks." (She said it very nicely, with a laugh.) The manager, also behind the counter, gave her a look. Thinking I could diffuse what may be an awkward moment, I said, "Oh, no, I don't need any chicks.... unless you have something special or I don't already have!"

That's me in a nutshell. No freakin' resistance.

I showed up Friday - they were already sold out of all the "hen" chicks!

I just ordered 12 birds, i already have 7. I really really really want some Marans and Cochins... So mabye I could ask the guy if he would let me get less than six.. That would be awesome. Cuz im out of room in my coop. EEeeeeeeeeek!!!

I also signed up on facebook to win chicks, (fat chance). Our tractor supply clerks have been there since the store opened, one if a former 4H'er. Have plugged in the heat lamp to make sure it's ok, but need to make some adjustments & get a temp meter.

I went to my local TSC earlier this morning. They are setting up the pen things and the chicks will be for sale tomorrowww.

I don't have a coop or a brooder but I want to go tomorrow and buy some...lol

Back
Top Bottom