1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tractor Supply Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ilovemyladies!, Feb 16, 2012.

1. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Chick Days are almost here [​IMG] and my DH told me we Need more chickens WT... I am in soo much trouble. lol

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. fried green eggs

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan

You can go to www.tractorsupply.com and enter "chick days" in search to see choices . However, I have 3 TSC close to home (2 within a 10 min drive) [​IMG] and I found last year that each of these stores get different breeds in, on different days of the week. They never know ahead which breed(s) they will get in on their delivery day or if they will be SL, Pullets or Straight Run. If you want a specific breed or sex find out what day of the week your store gets their delivery and what time they will get them into the store and be there ready. [​IMG] [​IMG] If they don't have what you want, check back on the next delivery day of next week or find another TSC to track.
    Happy Hunting [​IMG]

3. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    The TSC's local to me generally have both pullets and straight run chicks available. As long as you purchase from a pullet's only bin, you have a better chance of getting only hens. Keep in mind though, that unless you are getting a breed that is gender visible at hatch (sex links & barred rocks), there is still a 10% chance that there will be a gender error.

TSC used to be a free for all so it was possible for a customer to pick up a chick from a straight run bin and put it down in a pullet bin and the next unsuspecting customer would get a cockerel thinking it was a pullet. Last year TSC cordoned off the bins and only allowed employees to handle them so hopefully that cut down on the instance of this happening.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  4. AHDCST

AHDCST Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Albemarle,NC
    [​IMG] Stay out of Tractor Supply. You know you get enough chicks from me to stay in trouble.You don't need anymore!

5. rottiesrme51

rottiesrme51 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    miamisburg,ohio
    tsc only has baby chicks. l've already been to my guy and came home with 16 fuzzy butts!!! can't resist those little babies. l'm not done yet either. l get the fever this time every
    year. ha ha ha ha plus what l'm hoping will hatch sunday ( 12 ).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  6. fried green eggs

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    I checked at our TSC and Chick Days will start next Wednesday. They will also have baby ducks available during chick days. [​IMG]

7. chickenbarn-gal

chickenbarn-gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    - WARNING -
    don't go to TSC during chick days when you're not going to buy a chick.
    Or else you might just end up coming home with more passengers then you expected [​IMG] hahahah, it always happened to me! xD​

8. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I just wish that they had a list posted of their breed schedule. :(

9. Moonkit

Moonkit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Richardson, Texas
    No danger of that here.. I've gone to the TSC on the day they get the delivery and they're always sold out.

10. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    [​IMG] I am exactly the same....so right now I have 3 bators running, a silkie on eggs, an order coming in July, one coming next week and 8 1 week old BR's in the brooder! AND I want some GC's from TSC!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by