Tractor Supply Online Ordering??

This is what I'm worried about mine are showing arrival of the 25th they were shipped the 20th this is NOT ACCEPTABLE!! Newly hatched chicks can only survive a max of 72 hours without food or water. I'll be damned if tractor supply not offering over night shipping is the reason my babies lose their lives! I even called tractor supply to upgrade my shipping to express and offered to pay they stated "we don't do that"..... had I known this was the case and the lives of other beings isn't being taken into consideration, I would have NEVER ordered.
I have found through numerous phone calls, that you get a 'shipped' notification as soon as the label is created. So it can be another 24-48 hrs before they actually leave the hatchery. USPS updates are horrible every step of the way. I was terrified with both my shipments but they arrived within 2 days, all alive & well.
You really have to bug customer service to get real time updates. Tractor supply needs to work on that. You're better off talking to Hoover's directly.

I have an answer for you, well somewhat. I just ordered 20 EE chicks last monday and within 24 hours on tuesday morning i received and email saying my order has shipped. I wasnt expecting for it to be that fast. But tsc is partnered with hoovers hatchery. I was patiently waiting and waiting to get a call from my post office but nothing. I finally got a call friday morning saying they were in and i went there expecting the worst. Well i picked them up and 4 were already dead, 2 more died when i got home, that night 3 more died and by satuday morning 15 were dead total. They shipped 2 extra so technically i received 22. I called tractor supply customer solutions number and also the hatchery and they were super friendly. Tsc contacted the hatchery and they are sending me a whole new shipment of 20 EEs next tuesday, March 6th. They said it wasnt on there end, something with the postal service was messed up and it SHOULD NOT have taken that long. But we shall see how this next shipment of replacent chicks goes...
This is my worry. It sounded like they would be here over night, but I got the email last night and it says they will be here tomorrow by 9pm. Can brand new chicks really service that? It is in the 90/low 100s here so I'm not worried about them getting cold, but what about food? Hopefully they all make it. 😢

This is my worry. It sounded like they would be here over night, but I got the email last night and it says they will be here tomorrow by 9pm. Can brand new chicks really service that? It is in the 90/low 100s here so I'm not worried about them getting cold, but what about food? Hopefully they all make it. 😢
Day old chicks can generally survive two-three days for transit.

Just ordered 10 mix between road island red and golden comet. I really only wanted 4 but there is a limit of at least 10. I want to give the others away to a good home. What would be the best way to go about that? I ordered ISA Browns around easter, they had just started laying. They were so sweet. A coyote broke into my pen because I forgot to close my chicken coop the other night. Stupidly I thought because they were inclosed in a closed off Pen they were safe. It was horrible. I loved them. ISA Browns are very sweet.

I loved Tractor Supply, and like their large inventories things I find myself in need of. However, I don’t care for the lack of info on what birds they are selling at their stores. So ordering online may be a better way to do things if you care about what breed or sex your getting.

Just today I was in TS and saw the had a bunch of ducklings in stock. They were labeled as “Ducks”. When I asked what breed of ducks they were the answer was “Don’t know, their just ducks”. Upon further investigation it was found out that they were Pekins. Which was fine, but I felt they should have been labeled as such and one should not have go through multiple employees to establish what they are.

Also I was looking over a poster listing the various breeds they have access to and what they are used for. According to their poster Kayki Cambels are meat birds! Not even dual purpose, just meat birds.

In the spring (March 1st I believe) I bought 4 chicks from a bin in TS labeled “Leghorn Pullets”. I assumed they were the common white leghorns which is what I was looking for. When they feathered out I found out they were a fairly rare variety called Silver Leghorns. At first I thought that was going to work pretty well, but these birds were the last to start laying, and only lay small eggs, about twice the size of a Jumbo Quail egg, only 2 per day at that.

I appreciate the heritage nature of the Silvers, I just would have liked to know that when I bought them. I do keep mostly Heritage breeds, but wanted a few heavy production birds just to make sure my family always has eggs eggs available for breakfast.

All in all, my much smaller local feed store does a much better job in separating and labeling their chicks.
That turned out a little better than my experience. I picked up two silver leghorn pullets that both turned out to be cockerels. I guess they kinda got the label correct 🤔

Back
Top Bottom