Tractor Supply Stores

Had the job interview, it seemed to have gone fine, I am supposed to get a call sometime this week for another interview with another person. (I met the store manager) The manager told me he would have no objections if I baked and gave the employees samples, infact, he asked me about the rolls at O'Charleys. I've heard of the restaurant, but don't think there are any around here...I found a recipe on line and I think I'll shock him and bring him some!!! It's a good bribe, even if I don't get a job!

The Tractor Supply store up here is great. It's 1/3 tools, 1/3 tractor type parts,
and 1/3 feed/supplies/drugs. I've only stopped by during work hours. I'm afraid
to go on a day off cause I could easily spend 5 hours and too much money there.

The tractor supply were I live caters mostly to the horse and lawnmower set since it is not really in a rural area. At least they will get someone knowledgable in poultry. One time I was just a customer just browsing and a lady asked me if I knew anything about horses, sadly I said no. Our store doesn't carry chicks anymore because of the avian flu thing, just rabbits time to time. When they did get chicks in they would keep them in a huge horse trough. I wish you luck in getting the job.

Quote:
Where is the one near you PC? We got to the one in Griswold and it does have some neat stuff, but rarely what I need. I thought I remembered seeing chick grit there but I didn't want to go without calling first since it's more than half an hour away from me. They had no clue what I was talking about. "Is it a brand of food" "Why would a chicken need to eat that??" Wish this one would hire someone who knows a bit about chickens! We're planning a visit to the one in Coventry RI soon (like after they get chicks.....) because a friend with sheep told us it's bigger and better.

We have a TSC about 10 minutes away. I really like the store. My mom sometimes gets her feed there. Most of the time she gets it at the elevator. I really like the amount of books and magazines they also have. I got a good book called "Your Chickens, A Kids Guide to Raising and Showing" I have already read it twice.
big_smile.png

I have 3 within 15 minutes of me and you need to know what your looking for before you go, Most that work there think chicken feed is chicken feed. Why would you need a starter feed if they are laying chickens just start them on layer feed that is what chickens do. YEAH I will stick with the Feed store if I need advice. Hope you get the job, it would be nice to have someone knowledgeable in Poultry for a change. They do have a decent selection, and a large clothing section if you need Carhart TSC is the place to shop.

I also have 3 TSC within 45 min drive.

They are very much the same,layout,look.ect.

but they all cater to the surrounding community.

The one located in the farming area is very laid-back, has most feed items.

The 2 located in the metro area are both very different,lots of deals on tools, supplies ,ect. but poor in the way of feed items.

All 3 stores have been around for 5-7+ years.

We have had a growth of new "mega stores" lowes walmart,ect in our area,the stores ( IM including TSC as a mega store now).

They all bring in a team to hire new local people to work at the store.

It takes time (deals to be found), but it will be what you local community it like.

Hope that helps.

BA

Got the job!! Brought in a dozen rolls to the manager at location of the new store. I asked him if he had hired anyone yet, he told me only me and a very nice 72 year old gentleman! I thought I needed another interview, this works for me! Of course "next year" when they purchase their chickies, I hope to be able to influence the selection!

Back
Top Bottom