TRADE - Crazy Garden Seed Train - herbs, vegetables, flowers

Cetawin, I found out that the Blue Borage is a companion plant used to improve taste and color of tomatoes. I have some sprouting now and Im anxious to see if it really does work... I guess the only way to know is to plant two separate areas with the same tomato varieties and only have one garden with the borage.

I will take the Navajo melon.

Offer:
Purple ruffles basil
Perennial Mix
Morning Glory
Icicle Radish
Gloriosa Daisy
Dark Green Zucchini
Flowering Kale
Table queen squash
Purple Pestimon
Hollyhock

warmfuzzies can I take the

French Filet Bean

and I will offer:

6 Black Cherry Tomato
6 Carolina Gold Tomato
6 Big Dave's Tomato blend
6 Baby Beefsteak

or

8 Sweet Red Pepper (Pimiento Dulce)
5 Listada de Gandia Eggplant
5 Rosa Bianca Eggplant

Last edited:
I never noticed a difference with the borage and the tomatoes I will check that out this year and see.

Packages were mailed today to: havi, wifezilla, crimsonrose, sandyj, chicken women, Laurenlulu, KareyABohr & meandthegals

Shadyglade yours will go out tomorrow as will BoJo's - I am adding some stuff for you to your mugwort
smile.png

Last edited:
I will take the sweet red pepper

Offer:
Purple ruffles basil
Perennial Mix
Morning Glory
Icicle Radish
Gloriosa Daisy
Dark Green Zucchini
Flowering Kale
Purple Pestimon
Hollyhock

I'd like the flowering kale please.

I'll offer: Royal burgundy bush Beans
Tender green stringless bush beans
Cauliflower
Calabrese green sprouting broccoli
Mixed lettuce
Hollow crown parsnip
Harris model parsnip
Red acre cabbage
Chinese cabbage

canterbury bells
wild flower countryside mixture
poppy shirley mixed colors
foxglove mixed colors

I couldn't stand it anymore. I am surrounded by seeds. I HAD to plant something.
barnie.gif

I went through all the seed packets and found everything that said "Plant as soon as soil can be worked", "Needs cool weather", or "very cold tolerant" and planted them in a bed that is near my foundation and gets good sun.

I think it is sheltered enough in case (well, WHEN) we get Spring weather weirdness. Just in case, I put a long planter in a Southern facing window and put some seeds in there as well.

Outside I planted Oriental cabbage, 3 kinds of leaf lettuce, Mustard, Arugula, kale, 2 kinds of spinach, Golden Acre cabbage, corn salad and a salad mix.

Inside I have mustard, cress and corn salad

I think this will get me through until April when I can get going on some starters. I always jump the gun on those so I am trying really hard to restrain myself and NOT do those for a couple of weeks yet.

I will take the canterbury bells. And if you dont mind I would like a few cauliflower as well.

I will offer:

I'll offer:
Cantaloupe-Hales Best
Eggplant-Black Beauty
Swiss Chard-Fordhook
Dill
Peas-Little Marvel
Squash-Black Beauty Zucchini
Beets-Detroit Dark Red
Okra-Clemson Spineless
Mustard-Southern Giant Curled
Carrots-Danvers
Spinach-Bloomsdale
Radish-Sparkler
Zucchini
Squash-Yellow Crookneck
Cucumber-Wisconsin Pickler
Garden Bean-Burpee Stringless
Garden Bean-Topnotch Golden Wax
Watermelon-Sugar Baby
Garden Beans-Tendergreen
Pumpkin-Jack O' Lantern
Baby's Breath
Thyme
Lettuce-Black Seeded Simpson
Lettuce-Parris Island Cos
Lettuce-Iceberg
Catnip
Cosmos-Mixed Colors
Daisy-Shasta Alaska
Nasturtium-Jewel Mixed Colors
Old Fashioned Mixture-Annual Cut Flowers

I also wanted to add.. anyone that is suppose to be getting seeds from me, they will be a little late. I took them to our local PO and had the post master weigh them and make sure I had enough postage. Well guess what I got in the mail today?!? Yep a little envelope saying postage due.
rant.gif
When I went up there it was some of the ones I had sent off. He tried telling me that I still needed postage on them. And in his words " Just in case I also held onto the other ones for you just in case." Just in case what?
rant.gif
I wish the next PO wasnt 25 miles!

Sorry everyone, but I have resent them and they should be there soon.

Back
Top Bottom