Trashy dogs!

Pics

Ted_Harrell

Crowing
Sep 23, 2019
Pembroke North Carolina
I have a neighbor who has three dogs. I grew up liking dogs until I got chickens. I have one dog that belongs to my baby girl that stays in my yard and she is well behaved in a contained area. The neighbors dogs however are allowed to roam at will and impregnate whoever they see fit. This past week they decided to have a little fun with my two best chickens and see if they could sling them around like rag dolls by their necks. The chickens had no choice but to play along. Unfortunately my wife and I were not there when this all happened. I could have condoned it if the dogs were hungry and needed a meal, but they left the chickens in the neighbors yard with the necks snapped. I ended up burying my poor hens and hating the neighbors dog. I guess when I rebuild the coop I will make it a Fort Knox of a coop, although as large as these pit bulls are, it may not make any difference in the long run. My neighbor is obviously blissfully unaware that he harbors such trashy animals on his property. My favorite Australorp and Red Sex Link RIP..:hit

If your neighbors won't fence their dogs in you will need to fence them out.

I am sorry you lost your birds. :(

Have you made animal control aware of the situation?

For real.....It was not BECAUSE they are pits. It was because they are not properly contained.

Were your birds in a coop/run and the dogs broke in?
Were your birds roaming unattended?

I’m sorry. It’s crazy if you think about it, letting dogs freely roam. They’re huge animals! It’s disrespectful to other neighbors. Not only they instinctually want to hunt smaller prey, they leave behind their ‘presents’. I can’t let my hens run around in my yard bc of neighbors who can’t seem to be bothered by putting a leash on their dogs .

Fat chance of that, he has a yard full of cars to work on that he never seems to finish and what time he is not there, he spends it on the road doing finish carpentry. I rarely see him unless it is with a beer in his hand. I have known him for the 20 years we have lived beside him and have even given him a couple dozen eggs. I bear him no ill will but his dogs on the other hand will unfortunately get what is coming to them. If they show up in my yard again and I in any way feel threatened, they will not be leaving my yard under their own power again...

I have been on this earth for 46 years and it seems like I have been taking it up the tailpipe for 36 of those years. People do whatever they want in the end and never get punished. If one action of mine infringed on anyone else's rights, they would be ready to put me under the jail and yet some folks seem to get away with murder(figuratively speaking of course). I am just so tired of all the "oh well" attitude I get from everyone else. I get told all the time "what kind of Christian are you"? I guess from this day forward, it will be the kind who is not a door mat. Don't get me wrong, I love all the empathy I get from you fine folks and the good advice I get from the rest of you but it is everyone else who is really starting to grate on me. In the end I will just have to get over it and hope they others get their just deserts...Thank you all for listening to my soapbox rantings.....

Back
Top Bottom