Treating for Respitory and Cocci

thefadedstitch

Chirping
Apr 23, 2018
North Mississippi
Hi,
Long story short, I've been treating with Tylan 200 for a respiratory disease that has slowly spread through my flock. It has effected my 3 mo. old chicks the most with the biggest loss in their ranks. They are also fluffy, not gaining weight and not growing. There is a 6 mo. old pullet who is the same size as the 3 mo. olds.
I know they have cocci on top if it. Can I treat with Corid at the same time as Tylan? After a search of the forums I couldn't find (maybe someone else knows where a post reguarding this subject is located) a post about this particular combo of meds.
Also, is it safe to administer probiotics with Tylan OR Corid? I mix a small amount of water with the powders to make sure they suspend correctly and there are no lumps. I added electrolytes to Corid. Let's just say, not a wise idea. It was like creating one of those volcanoes in grade school. I don't want my chickens exploding...

Yes you can use Tylan orally, and at the same time give Corid in the water. For probiotics, it is fine to use at the same time and after antibiotics and Corid, but just mix it into the feed. Just do not use vitamins (which many electrolytes contain) at the same time as Corid (amprollium.)

Yes you can use Tylan orally, and at the same time give Corid in the water. For probiotics, it is fine to use at the same time and after antibiotics and Corid, but just mix it into the feed. Just do not use vitamins (which many electrolytes contain) at the same time as Corid (amprollium.)
Hi eggcessive I know this is an old post but just out of curiosity why do you jot do vitamins and Corid at the same time? I treated my chicks for possible coccidiosis and they didn’t seem to improve. I had one that was hunching over but now I have 3 I wonder if the electrolytes I used had vitamins in it.

Back
Top Bottom