Treats for the chickens didn't pan out.

You should know you don't get to eat a darn thing around chickens and you went out with a muffin? Crazy, you've got to be.:lau
Mine seem to be able to tell the difference in food I grew myself and food I bought at the grocery store.... they prefer the store bought. Little heifers. Lol they are also quite good at stealing food. I was sitting outside in a lawn chair enjoying a muffin one afternoon and one of those little turd pecked me right in the bottom startling me and causing me to throw my muffin which was gone in seconds.

Mine were like that too. My pullets hated mealworms when they were chicks, now that they see the chicks eating them, they can’t get enough mealworms. Same with crickets and fruits. Except for strawberries - everyone loved those right from the beginning! Jonezjollyfarm, you made me laugh out loud! :bow

I've always got a funny chicken story if you ever need a good laugh. Proud to be of service :ya

They do seem more geared to eating protein more than anything else besides hooks.

I was going to screw a metal hook into the wood for something but I put the hook on the ground and a hen grabbed the hook and ran off with it. Dern it. I had to chase that chicken down to get my hook back. Me and the hen were both tired before it was over.

They do seem more geared to eating protein more than anything else besides hooks.

I was going to screw a metal hook into the wood for something but I put the hook on the ground and a hen grabbed the hook and ran off with it. Dern it. I had to chase that chicken down to get my hook back. Me and the hen were both tired before it was over.

Been there. With sooo many different things. But most commonly rubber fishing worms. Dont ask me how they get them out of the tackle box but I've got many a workouts trying to keep them from eating those.

Back
Top Bottom