Tribute to Maman

Suzie

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Auvergne
Her time with me ended today...almost six years old and Mother to so many of my chickens and ducks...she would hatch any egg!

I am saddened at my loss but her life was enlightening and such fun..she would always come running whenever I called her name, full of character and feisty too....

Maman had been isolated from her siblings two weeks ago as she was showing signs of ill health...Vet prescription medication did not help..was it coryza, candida or maybe canker...nothing made any difference and she succumbed to whatever it was...she was eating and drinking yesterday but my instincts told me that she would not be with me for much longer...the thought was unbearable.

Thank you Maman for giving so much...my heartache is the price for your freedom to live eternally in my heart and be at peace from your illness

We will miss you!

So sorry for your loss. (Hugs) I know that all your memories and her feisty character will help your heart to heal.

I can't help but tear up when i read your story! What a beautiful silkie she was! I am truly sorry for your loss. I had a awful virus strike my flock of silkies as well and lost my whole flock. No matter what I tried medicine tube feeding, nothing helped. I am once more rebuilding my silkie flock but I've learned how persistent a virus can be!! Again I'm very sorry you lost her!

Suzie.....I am SO SORRY!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Is she the one that was on the "pee water" a couple weeks ago? She had a wonderful life with you. And she gave you lots of babies. Her life was full and happy and she had the best momma in the whole world.

Suzie, I hope your heavy heart heals soon. Much love and hugs to you....
hugs.gif

This is the last photograph I took of Maman....I am finding it so very hard to try and come to terms with the loss of her...I cannot cry, to cry would be to admit that she was never going to be with me again.

Maman was cremated and her ashes were scattered to the four winds....in my mind she is here everywhere throughout the land now.

Thank you all so very much for your kind messages...they mean a lot to me.......

Scratch'n'peck....how so very kind of you for the wonderful comment about Maman and her baby Tweebie.....

Realsis I am lucky in the fact that only Maman had symptoms...I cannot imagine your dreadful heartache at losing all of your flock.

Two Crows...yes, it was Maman ( and her Silkie flockmates ) on the "pee water"... (Oxytetracycline ) I treated all of the Silkie chickens as a precaution although Maman was the only one showing signs of ill health.

Thank you all once again

Suzie

She was beautiful! I know how hard it is to lose one so close to you. I once mourned over the death of a Lovebird for 3 months. I nearly wanted to jump into the grave with her, that is how close she and I were. It takes time to let them go. You have to go thru all those steps of mourning to truly get past them leaving you. I know how heavy a heart can get.

Many many hugs to you Suzie and I hope you can find peace in your heart soon.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom