Tripod Update: Pic Pg 21 May try intros today....

If it doesn't seem to be suffering, I would let it live and see how it does. All newborns are wobbly when they first start standing and walking and the extra leg will need to be compensated for. Give it time and see. Good luck with the chick and your decision.

Someone else on here had a chick with extra legs...I wanna say 4 or 5. Some of the others dried up and fell off...and the chick was fine...

So I would let it be...As long as Tripod is eating, drinking and pooping, s/he should be fine...
I'm very afraid since these were store bought eggs...I'll stay with mine...

That is amazing I would keep it and see how it does and let Mother Nature run her course.
jumpy.gif

Please give it lots of time. It takes time for them to learn to walk on two legs - it will take time for it to learn to get around with it's third leg but it may surprise you and do just fine. While it's hard to watch it is a fact of life that we can't all be perfect, in fact none are really perfect, it's all in the viewpoint of what perfect is.

I have a chick that has a deformed leg and she is 8 weeks old and gets around by hopping on good leg. I'm thinking of having the bad leg amputated because it's in her way, sticking out from her side or over her head and throws her off balance sometimes or gets hung up in things and keeps her from being able to take a dirt bath and roll on ground. But I wouldn't put her down for her deformity. In her case I'm just going to help her live better with it.

In your case, you have something really special as a result of an odd experiment. I would have never thought of trying to incubate store bought frigerated eggs. I hope the rest all hatch to be normal/perfect. Let us know and keep us posted.

I saw a 4 legged chicken on animal planet. Its legs were in different positions though. Maybe you could keep it seperate from the rest of the chicks.

Quote:
gig.gif
*wipes tears of mirth from eyes*

Drumstick is very cute, but I think that the name Tripod is stickin.
wink.png

Quote:

Dont cull it yet. Give a few more days. I almost culled dum-dum chicken. S/he is born with what seems to be a microcephalus a weird mushy bump on the skull(brain coming out?) and way to small. The first 1-2 it wouldnt even lift its head up it was so weak. But it got better and now at two weeks is finally 40 grams.You dont have to put it down just because it walks a little weird . Maybe you could make a seperate pen and give it a few polish friends they dont see that well anyways with their feather head.
Hey weird is cool

Back
Top Bottom