Troyer Farm Adventures and Breeding Projects

Pics
Very pretty Easter Egger pullet. Sharp as a tack!
IMG_9583.JPG

Twinkle, the Chihuahua is a twelve year old female that needs to be carried every where, she can't walk at all. We put her outside in a semi sheltered area in the sun to soak up some vitamin D. Bowser at eight months of age decided to lay there close to her in a protective manner while she is out there.
He is a gentle pup and was only interested in being close to her. He would have lain closer than that, but she growled at him so he kept his distance. He was perfectly content to just lay there for the duration of the time she was outside.
IMG_0261.JPG

This is a testament to training, I have trained them to be aggressive or gentle, whichever one we tell them. I have trained them to be careful when we want them to be careful. I trained them to be careful when we approach a river, because it might be deeper than expected.
We have a fair sized marsh that we traipse on a regular basis, there are spots where the mud is soft, not to the extent that a dog could lose it's life, but they could get really muddy and it would be unpleasant for them.
The sky is the limit in my opinion on how much a dog can be taught. A dog can also be taught bad things by just letting them kinda run things on their own. Bad habits can be learned by simply not training away from them or through unintentional neglect to train for positive traits.

Back
Top Bottom