truck recommendations? :D

I think we're buyin it
smile.png
Yay! Here's to hoping that you Ford fans are right and I won't soon be joining the Ford-haters camp. Thank you everyone for your advice
smile.png

(The engine purrrrred, 4x4 worked, seats didn't even have tears amazingly enough... minor, normal rust here n there, very minor oil leak that can probably be easily fixed, nothing major/obvious, wiper motor needs replaced but otherwise seemed good.)

I bet it will be a good truck. My dad always drove Fords and I always drove Chevy until this last truck when I decided to buy a Ford. Neither of us ever had much trouble with either.

Quote:
That thing will be rusted away before the payments are finished,either that or the transmision will burn up.Not a big fan of Dodge
tongue.gif
sickbyc.gif
:sick

I've had 2 F-150's and loved both of them. The first one was totalled with me and my 2 kids inside and none of us had even a scratch. As soon as it is time to trade in my Escape, I will be getting another.

Quote:
My last truck was a 91 chevy 1500 rust bucket from Ohio that cost $2000. Drove it 8 years as a work truck. Replaced the fuel pump once an the thermostat once. Still runs but the side got caved in for me. Sisters 90 ford has lasted her over 10 years as a work truck with almost no wrench time. Bought for just over scrap weight. My current truck is a 84 suburban 6.2 diesel that cost me $900. Drove it to DC an back in 27 hours within a week of buying it. Made 19MPG. Two years later an I just turned a wrench for the first time this week replacing the fuel pump.

I will stick with no payments...

Thought I would point out that the OPs new truck cost $1000.

A new crate motor costs under $3K
A new crate trans is under $3K
A new crate Transfer case is about $1k
New axles are about $1K each
Another $1K for paint an body.

So if the OP wanted a new truck they could turn that old one back in to a new one with a warranty for around $10K.

Or they can just drive it till it blows an scrap it. Take that money an $400 or $500 an buy another.

Whats a new truck cost again?

What are the payments per month?

Back
Top Bottom