True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
I have to catch and hold them most of the time. Here are their 4.5 week old shots.

Red and Cream
I'm a little paranoid that she is a he but so far no comb change in the last week or so and still no rooster attitude. We will see.

White
She has started to get some light red/peach on her breast bone and has at least one black feather coming in on her tail. Curious to see what she will look like. Peach breasted splash? Is that a thing lol!

Splash
This will most likely be the one I get rid off. Just prefer the other colors.

Dark
Have no clue what this color pattern is but I am in LOVE with it. My favorite colored chicken ever. She is timid but I just think she is awesome looking. I can't wait to see her feathers come in as she grows.

Notice how two at least have a kind of modified pea comb. I wouldn't say it' is one because it's more defined and larger like my single comb girls vs my pea comb ones. I'm kind of curious about them and hope it doesn't mean they are boys.

Ive given up try to get pictures of the female chicks. All i get are blurs :(

I have to catch and hold them most of the time. Here are their 4.5 week old shots.

Red and Cream
I'm a little paranoid that she is a he but so far no comb change in the last week or so and still no rooster attitude. We will see.

White
She has started to get some light red/peach on her breast bone and has at least one black feather coming in on her tail. Curious to see what she will look like. Peach breasted splash? Is that a thing lol!

Splash
This will most likely be the one I get rid off. Just prefer the other colors.

Dark
Have no clue what this color pattern is but I am in LOVE with it. My favorite colored chicken ever. She is timid but I just think she is awesome looking. I can't wait to see her feathers come in as she grows.

Notice how two at least have a kind of modified pea comb. I wouldn't say it' is one because it's more defined and larger like my single comb girls vs my pea comb ones. I'm kind of curious about them and hope it doesn't mean they are boys.
I have noticed that two might have the modified pea comb. Honestly its very hard for me to tell. They never stop moving.

They were both marked as true blues but one does have the ee muff. I have a silver and white WTB also I haven't been able to get a good picture

This is the TB with ee muffs

Quick question, does anyone's Whiting True Blue have black legs/feet?

I'm still trying to narrow down my 'mystery' chick from Murray, the Welsummers and Cuckoo Marans in the order have always been easy to identify from day one, but trying to pick out the mystery chick among the Whiting's has been quite a challenge... They are all feathered out and showing body shape and still the only real distinguishable feature among the group is that one has black legs/feet so I'm leaning on that one being the 'mystery' chick unless others confirm their Whitings have black legs/feet...

No black legs on any of mine either.

Quick question, does anyone's Whiting True Blue have black legs/feet?

I'm still trying to narrow down my 'mystery' chick from Murray, the Welsummers and Cuckoo Marans in the order have always been easy to identify from day one, but trying to pick out the mystery chick among the Whiting's has been quite a challenge... They are all feathered out and showing body shape and still the only real distinguishable feature among the group is that one has black legs/feet so I'm leaning on that one being the 'mystery' chick unless others confirm their Whitings have black legs/feet...

Back
Top Bottom