Trying to Clean House

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tdgill, Dec 30, 2009.

1. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

truly.
    Somehow I keep getting the rundown feeling, and have to sit for a break. Needles to say (my new word) I am not getting much accomplished in the housework dept. I know I should focus on one room, but I don't work like that. haha. so, now I am trying to decide which job will make the biggest "ahhh clean" impression. I'm thinking the floors. Vacuum sweep mop. But usually its the bathroom, and the kitchen in their entirety. Whats your routine?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    My routine?
    Me: "honey..the floor needs mopping tonight" [​IMG]

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
  4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:I have been getting her e-mails for awhile but am just now paying attention to them (sort of) [​IMG]

I have a goal of January 1st to really get in the swing of it.

5. tdgill

funny redhen. very funny. Do you hire him out?

Great [​IMG] another cool internet link to look at to keep me from my housework. lol. I know I know. Anyone have any links on self discipline? jk. flylady looks real informative and helpful!!! thanks!

6. tdgill

hey redhen,
    when you gonna do a page so we can see all your critters? you have some big dogs!

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I just take a deep breath and start.

Usually I focus on one area, like in the kitchen, I will take everything off one section of counter and thoroughly clean it. Wall, backsplash, sanitize. Then I put whatever goes there (canisters) back after a complete wipe down. Then I move to the next section. And so on.

I admit, I like Redhen's best though. [​IMG]

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I dont know how to do a page.. [​IMG]

9. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Send me some fudge, and I'll send Anne to clean your house. She can do this eleven room dump in no time flat, cook, shop, fix all meals, rehearse on violin for orchestra concerts (she's a concert master), and take care of my chickens.

10. Jamsoundsgood

Jamsoundsgood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    The best thing about flylady is her 15 minute rule. Only work for 15 minutes at a time in one room. Then eat a cookie. Go to another room. Work for 15 minutes. Eat a cookie. Repeat. I love this rule. Sometimes you even see a difference in my house at the end of the day. Sometimes just my thighs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by