Trying to Clean House

Quote:
I love flying!! I don't follow her religiously, but the, "You can do anything for 15 minutes" has saved my life.
smile.png
Set a timer and go, go, go!
smile.png

Sometimes the cookies stop working for me. I mean, how many Oreos can one eat, really? So I move on to dark chocolate covered peanut M&M's. The kids will also work for swedish fish. Though for them I just try to pick a random number and have them pick up that much stuff at a time. Usually how old they are. My husband has them work from their age backwards (pick up 8, then 7, then 6, etc...) before getting a treat. Sometimes I'll go in and say I'll just pick up the trash, or just my daughter's things, or just the blue stuff. Makes it a bit more interesting. Biggest to smallest works well too. When you pick up the biggest things you see an immediate difference. Of course I'm saying this while avoiding doing anything to further my own incredible mess! Oh well, off to sneak an Oreo!

Quote:
And exactly what do you do if she does all that?????
pop.gif

I sit around eating fudge if she's made some for me while I hold down the couch to keep it from flying away. Oh, and I supervise. Every job needs a supervisor.

Okay Living room cleaner, Christmas Tree down, floor vacuumed on hands and knees, kitchen baseboards, walls and floor even behind deep freeze done, swept and mopped on hands and knees...sink still dirty...I think I failed! Oh well, i will try again...dishes need done counters, stove cleaned and dinner in two hours...I think I can ..I think I can!
fl.gif

My main problem is lack of space.
No Im not a hoarder or junk collector.
It's not an excuse.

SPACE is the issue.

Seriously, do you know anybody else that has toolboxes and chainsaws in their office/computer room??? Didn't think so. Add two desks, a file cabinent, a big dog bed, a teensy bit of junk, and remember that we're cramming it all into a 9ft x 9ft bedroom to start with....
barnie.gif

Good thing I like small houses!

gathered up soda cans and glasses this morning (yes, they're slobs) from who knows how many days... I was at mom's all week
son unloaded dish washer, i loaded
1/2 the bathroom clean gotta scrub the tub - washed shower curtain - who got shaving cream on the shower curtain???
my bedroom 1/2 done 1/2 vaccumed, gotta get laundry off the bed....
required phone calls (4)
swept kitchen

watched 15min of son's new video game (family time) but he should be cleaning with me. I'm gonna incorporate some of your techniques!
oh i forgot to insert along the way
checked chickens
checked chickens
checked chickens
also forgot to add
sat at pc
sat at pc
lol.
watching everest and planning for a better day tomorrow! dbf is home tomorrow and maybe we can motivate each other. But the nite is young so maybe I will get something else accomplished. at least necessities.. Gotta wash a load of towels!!!

Quote:
Thank you thank you thank you for this site. I hope it helps me. After be depressed for a year and then having th knee problems that kept me side lined all summer my house is such a disaster and I dont' know where to start and when I get started I don't get finished and then it gets trashed again before I finish it up it is a never ending cycle and I have felt so lost. I hope this helps

I need to get better at motivating my crew. Truly anyone living in the house should be helping. I like the different ideas for getting kids involved. I pulled a new one on my son yesterday. I wanted help at mom's and he was being a pain, so I unplugged the modem and showed it to him as I carried it out the door. He came running to the car, "ok ok, I'll go with you"

Back
Top Bottom