Trying to Clean House

Quote:
Same here - all clutter is OUT of my life. What a relief. I went through my house about 3 years ago and got rid of everything.

That was the same time we installed a new kitchen and I took everything out the kitchen and put it in boxes. After the new kitchen was in I only went and got stuff out of those boxes as I needed it. After six months of cooking I couldn't believe how much stuff I NEVER used - so out if went. I still have alot of room in my kitchen drawers!

It only takes me 30 minutes to clean up my house so it's presentable at any time.
big_smile.png

wow tipsy we sound alike...lol

that "put everything in a box" and see what you take out and actually use was a great one. At the end, if it stayed in the box, away it goes. I bet you gained tons of space in your kitchen. cool

My home seems bare to many. I have the basics.

I took everything off walls, fixed the holes, painted, etc. and I can not bring myself to put my pics back up...LOL...instead for some wall effect....I put a big vase with very tall colored williows in on a talbe and it gives height effect. Beats putting holes in my perfect walls now and I don't have to dust pics...LOL

It is amazing what we can do without and how much we feel so much lighter....I sure do!
smile.png

I never put up pictures after we repainted either!
hide.gif
I used a bold paint color and with the curtains and furniture it looks great in here! I do have ONE large oil painting in the dining room and a mirror at the front door. That's it.

I find most people have way too much "stuff" - things laying around everywhere. That's why my advise to start cleaning and organizing is always the same - GET A DUMPSTER!
big_smile.png

I keep on top of things so the house doesn't turn into a disaster area. It takes 5 minutes in the most-used rooms to keep them looking nice every day. Then I'm not stuck with marathon cleaning sessions. I vacuum the living room every other day, and if the kitchen needs to be swept, I switch the dial on my vacuum to 'bare floors' and clean the kitchen. I use a machine-washable duster to dust every 2 days. It literally takes 5 minutes to dust the entire first floor of the house. Dirty dishes get rinsed and go straight into the dishwasher.

My old neighbors were hoarders it was disgusting...I moved from a three bedroom, full basement, and a garage to a little farm hose with two bedrooms and I threw away alot of stuff. I had everything the way I liked it until DS and his gf moved in and took over the spare room ( all our stored items went in my bedroom) then DD, her bf and grandson came home to stay...there went my living room! Yesterday was productive...today I am loading up my car with the last of dd stuff she left here and going to take it to her when I pick up grandson for a few days!
thumbsup.gif
Let her mess and clutter be HER problem! As soon as I take grandson home I will attack my room with the 27 things in trash and 27 things in a box daily...It didnt get that bad in one day and I am sure it will take a few to get through all those boxes of clutter thats been piling up!
ETA; Theres that strange word again...Dishwasher....
gig.gif

Last edited:
LOL Tipsy--you too without the pics on the wall....that is so funny!

I don't miss them a bit! I have some family portraits etc. in frames on the furniture and such. That is enough for me now..LOL

My decluttering took literally about 2 years. Only because I hit it slowly, didn't go crazy doing it, but hit it hard. I was merciless in throwing or recycling things out.
Only way to do it...go in for the kill...haha

Quote:
I have one and hate it! It doesn't clean as well as I feel it should. I end up washing the glasses by hand after they come out of the dishwasher. My old ones were so bad I threw them out and bought new. In no time they started looking super cloudy so now I scrub them by hand. DH and DS don't want to hand wash dishes so getting rid of it (an extra cupboard would sure be handy!) is not an option. However I went years without one and I would gladly do it again!

Quote:
And exactly what do you do if she does all that?????
pop.gif

I sit around eating fudge if she's made some for me while I hold down the couch to keep it from flying away. Oh, and I supervise. Every job needs a supervisor.

My husband says I am the best foreman he has ever had!!
gig.gif

Quote:
I have one and hate it! It doesn't clean as well as I feel it should. I end up washing the glasses by hand after they come out of the dishwasher. My old ones were so bad I threw them out and bought new. In no time they started looking super cloudy so now I scrub them by hand. DH and DS don't want to hand wash dishes so getting rid of it (an extra cupboard would sure be handy!) is not an option. However I went years without one and I would gladly do it again!

my DD found a used dishwasher at a restuarant supply store one of the employees was selling, for $40 so we drove down an hour and got it. It is the bomb. Cleans like a champ. I washed dishes for 7+ people for years, usually all by myself, so this is a real treat. I use the Finish brand soap, tried the Oxy stuff someone on here had tried and liked, but it just didn't cut the mustard with me. I think Finish is a lot better than Cascade, but that could be because of our water.

Quote:

I think that 27 idea is just terrific. With kids in and out all the time, it is NOTHING to find 27 things to put in a trash bag!!! I can't wait to get started on the 27 things to give away. That might be a little harder, and I have to use a box.

Back
Top Bottom