Trying to Clean House

If you have a big whole house job to do, start with the kitchen - make it spotless and it WILL inspire you to continue. If that's overwhelming, just bleach and scrub the kitchen sink to start. You'll see, it works! I've cleaned more houses than I care to mention and some you'd think were hopeless. I've done hoarders, invalids, heavy smokers and just plain slobs. Start with the kitchen and order a 30 yard dumpster - that's my method
smile.png

Y'all forgot....redhen has Mike!

A good hint I use is taking an empty laundry basket and put everything in it that doesn't belong in that room...then I make my 'rounds to the rest of the house and empty the basket as I go.

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree!
thumbsup.gif
Love the Flylady! I've got my kids to get in a room and each do as much as they can for 10 minutes. 15 gave them a little too much time to gripe and whine about how much longer.
roll.png
Then, they take a 10-15 minute break. Or, if they get the entire room done, they get a longer break, like 30 minutes or an hour. I'm in there working too, and it seems to help.

Unfortunately, we all work best under pressure, so we're doing this while we've got 30 people on the way over for a get-together later that evening.
barnie.gif
Day to day is much harder for us.

Shelly

on my second cookie

eta: this is some great info thanks!
etaa: I think its the hot flashes that make me feel I've worked up a sweat and have to take a break...and the slight bit of congestion I have left.

Last edited:
Tammy I do that too! Esp with DS stuff I find downstairs. I fill it up and if I've gotten everything but his stuff out of it, I generally just drop the whole basket off in his room and tell him "no playing until the basket is empty and things are where they belong!"

okay okay i am cleaning my sink...did I hear correctly to put dishes on floor? wow then the dogs can clean them as I dont have that weird machine everyone calls a dishwasher? I had four kids I used to holler a name...lol..that was my dishwasher!

My house needs cleaning constantly. It is tiny, stuffed full and we have way to many animals in it! So it is a never ending thing. I feel better though if I know the floors are clean, guest bathroom, rugs shook out and the surfaces wiped off or dusted in the main living area. (such as coffee table, kitchen table, counters etc.) Then when these thing are done I choose a section of clutter. Like today the crap on top of the washer and dryer( for lack of space it is a catch all by the back door) is getting to me. I can't take a cookie break every time I need a break or I would be big as a house but, I do jump on BYC for a few minutes, then get up and at it again! Happy cleaning!

Back
Top Bottom