trying to figure out what breed this Rooster is

HopeFay

Hatching
Mar 10, 2016
This was one of the Roosters that my daughters 3rd grade class hatched. Weve had him since he was 1 day old. any idea what breed he maybe? He is slightly spoiled as you can see. He claimed my hubby as HIS human.. lol Thanks in advance!

Welsummer and Australorp, maybe? Could have Black Copper Marans back in the mix though, but most likely not a direct parent since no feathered legs... gorgeous boy though!

ETA: he's a mixed breed... :)

Last edited:
We were thinking the copper moran.. but all we know is that the eggs were donated by local farmers to my daughters class for their project.. BTW Ruffles (the rooster here) is only 8 mo old in the bottom picture where is standing under the hutch. the one on my hubbys shoulder he was only 6mo old.. We have a RI Red that is HUGE too.. so as my hubby says, we like to grow em big here.. lol Here are our 4 of our 5 Roosters, which btw all get along very well and sleep together nightly..
thank you for all the input! :)

welcome-byc.gif

That's a common color pattern when you mix a black bird with a red/gold bird, so narrowing down the specific breeds is hard. By far the most common black breed is the Australorp, but the red/gold could be one of several breeds. Straight comb doesn't help narrow things down much
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom