tuhis doesn't look like ablack austrolorp!

jaye gray

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 5, 2015
coastal Beaufort, South Carolina
[/IMG]this chick is about 3 weeks old & it's supposed to be a black Australorp, but seems to have feathers on her feet. I have looked everywhere to see if it might be possible. But can not find any australorp with feathers on their feet. So I think my local farmer of purebred chicken has mistakenly given me something else. Please help identify what she or he is. And if it is a she or he. I will send pictures and if necessary tell you the choices of chicken he carried. Thank you all in advance. You are the best group I've ever seen for sharing information and making new people feel welcome not silly.
[/IMG]

It would help to know what other breeds the farmer had. It could be a mixed breed if the hens and roosters all hung out together.

Whoops we overlapped there.

I think it is a mix at this point. The only feather footed breed listed is the Brahma and that mixed with a BA would give you the resulting chick.

Last edited:
can you tell if it is a girl or boy. She he has one short toe also on the outside of her feet by the feathers.he seemed to have all the different breeds separate. Only the chicks were mixed together according to age.

It would help to know what other breeds the farmer had. It could be a mixed breed if the hens and roosters all hung out together.

Whoops we overlapped there.

I think it is a mix at this point. The only feather footed breed listed is the Brahma and that mixed with a BA would give you the resulting chick.

I agree, it looks to be a mix between a Brahma and a BA.

Back
Top Bottom