TULSA area Cluckers

Hi, I'm interested in your chicks. you may call me at 198-640-7868.

I am interested. Still have them?

I'm not sure if you are referencing me as I am the most recent post on this page? Send me a PM with what you are interested in and I will see what I have. I don't have much available as most spring chicks have sold and what is hatching now is mostly being saved for myself for next year.

FYI the Coweta auction is back to third Friday. The Saturday scheduling was a fiasco.

I have a few young ones, about 6 weeks old, but I can't reliably sex them until they are 8-10 weeks old. They are $5 each right now, once sexable they are $12 for pullets. I'm in Coweta.

Rinda

The guys had fun getting the coop put in its place.

We finally got our coop and yard built. I don't know if the chickens like the finishing touches, but our visitors do.

I received a visit from Tulsa Animal Control this week. They want me to pen up my chickens. Am I dealing with an over zealous agent or what? Would love to hear comments about this. My thinking is that my chickens do not make as much noise as a dog. By letting them free range their litter is like fertilizer being spread out on my yard. I suspect it breaks down faster this way. I also think I will actually have fewer bugs in my yard. Your thoughts?

No you are not dealing with an over zealous officer. Tulsa City Ordinances are very specific. Chickens can not be free ranging but they must be enclosed.

https://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientID=14783&stateID=36&statename=Oklahoma

Title 2: Animals
Chapter 2: Agricultural Animals
Section 200:
D&E.

They must be in a coop with an enlosed run.

Yes letting them free range makes more sense. But reallly it is safer to keep them in a run with netting over the top. There are so many hawks here. Simply clean out the chicken run and spread the litter around your yard if you want the fertilizer.

What I do is I let mine free range once a week for a few hrs while I am doing outside garden chores. But otherwise they are kept in the run.

There really is a 50ft minimum in the ordinance. But most city lots are not big enough to accomodate the 50ft rule. As long as you keep your coop and run clean and not smelling offensive to the neighbors you should be fine.

Last edited:
I'm looking for pullets that are about to or just started laying. 2 that are bad flyers but good layers for my backyard flock. Anybody have anything like that. Dark or colorful eggs are a plus but production and reliability on eggs more important.

Hello everyone:)
I live in Claremore just off hwy 20 in Rogers County. I was making plans to convert a shed and start a small Hen family on the back acre (2 total) until I say a post that Rogers Co and possibly Claremore would not allow it??
Any advice or clarification would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You!!

Back
Top Bottom