Tuna is Sick! 🙏🏻

Hi friends! I came on this morning to post a new thread about my Tuna not laying well.. not feeling great AND to my surprise I found this thread from last September. 9 months ago she was going through the same issue! I’m hoping for some help! She isn’t 100% herself.. she eats.. drinks.. walks around but she has moments when she seems to be struggling.. butt kind of hanging lower than normal. She will visit nesting box and not lay. I don’t think Tuna has layed an egg for 2 weeks. It’s hard to tell because she has similar color to others and I’m not always home. I did find 2 weird soft twisted eggs from her recently. One 2 weeks ago and one this morning. They have egg white inside them and it looks as if more egg material came out over night on roost.. but they are soft and twisted! I’ve been giving her calcium tabs almost daily for 2 weeks? Should I continue giving her calcium citrate tabs? We are having a heat spell but this started before it got really hot. It just seems like Tuna has never been a good layer…? Like something isn’t right? Thoughts on how to help? How much calcium can I give her? How many days? I’m worried I’ve been giving it to her too much.. ? Here is a pic of the “egg” she laid last night :( She is currently in nesting box right now as well.

Attachments

• 9FF15113-9B4E-4843-BE93-1A904B3AF9E2.jpeg
    9FF15113-9B4E-4843-BE93-1A904B3AF9E2.jpeg
    803.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi friends! I came on this morning to post a new thread about my Tuna not laying well.. not feeling great AND to my surprise I found this thread from last September. 9 months ago she was going through the same issue! I’m hoping for some help! She isn’t 100% herself.. she eats.. drinks.. walks around but she has moments when she seems to be struggling.. butt kind of hanging lower than normal. She will visit nesting box and not lay. I don’t think Tuna has layed an egg for 2 weeks. It’s hard to tell because she has similar color to others and I’m not always home. I did find 2 weird soft twisted eggs from her recently. One 2 weeks ago and one this morning. They have egg white inside them and it looks as if more egg material came out over night on roost.. but they are soft and twisted! I’ve been giving her calcium tabs almost daily for 2 weeks? Should I continue giving her calcium citrate tabs? We are having a heat spell but this started before it got really hot. It just seems like Tuna has never been a good layer…? Like something isn’t right? Thoughts on how to help? How much calcium can I give her? How many days? I’m worried I’ve been giving it to her too much.. ? Here is a pic of the “egg” she laid last night :( She is currently in nesting box right now as well.
Hi! This looks like salpingitis, reproductive infection. My hen Sybi had it , she doesn't lay anymore. I would treat with fish mox on case there's anything left inside. 250mg twice a day for seven days.

Back
Top Bottom