Turken breeding

AidanOshields

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2020
Hi my name is Aidan and I’ve recently got into breeding turkens (naked necks) and I was wondering if y’all could suggest other breeds to mix them with to get really pretty combinations.as of I have one lavender orpington in with the others so we’ll see what happens with that.

I was also wondering if someone knows the naked neck genetic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    869.1 KB · Views: 17
I don't have any Turkens, but I'd love to get some someday! Beautiful flock! :love:love

I was wondering if y’all could suggest other breeds to mix them with to get really pretty combinations.

Want to throw in some Ameruacanas or even some EEs? They might give you some muffs and green eggs. Also, a Top Hat breed like Polish or even a feathered legged breed like Brahma. Those would all throw in some interesting characteristics. :)

I did some standard cochin x naked neck and they were some of the fastest growing and biggest heritage breed type chickens I ever raised. And they were extremely snazzy looking.

I don't have any Turkens, but I'd love to get some someday! Beautiful flock! :love:love

Want to throw in some Ameruacanas or even some EEs? They might give you some muffs and green eggs. Also, a Top Hat breed like Polish or even a feathered legged breed like Brahma. Those would all throw in some interesting characteristics. :)
Yes I used to have polish id love to buy some more and see what happens and I will also put some ameruacanas in

My only Naked Neck is a NN/Cochin cross. She is a big girl but she is beautiful! My absolute favorite thing is the way her head feathers stand up, like hackles on a feathered neck bird. Her feathering is beautiful. She is heavily feathered but it's not tight and laying down flat. It's like her feathers have some "body" to them.

I should add that my pullet is already broody at only 6 months old, so even though boodiness varies, it's certainly something that I wasn't expecting. She was a wonderful layer before going broody though. She lays a medium brown egg.

Back
Top Bottom