Turken Naken Necks (EW!)

All of the Turken Naked Necks I've seen are ugly! Who else thinks this way? Why were they bred with no feathers on their necks? I think I heard because their easier to pluck that way... But just WHY? They are so ugly. If you care to object, please do so, but I feel like a lot of people will agree with me on this one. Even Showgirl chickens don't look good, contrary to their name.
Hey! Are you calling my girlfriend ugly?! :hit:th:lau
D84635CD-D908-4085-9631-AEB95F6CFD7C.jpeg
49FD8A7F-15EE-4FD5-BF5E-F6D93BC280D0.jpeg

They are not the most beautiful looking chickens. I have 5 NN mixes in my flock, they are on the low end of the pecking order and never hurt other birds, even though they sometimes can look fierce. They look like Jurassic Park Raptors in a small size. I like the nice big eggs they lay, and 3 of the 5 lay green eggs. You can not tell what the chicken looks like when you look at those eggs! The big green eggs in the basket are the NN eggs, the green eggs on the counter are duck eggs. Sometimes the NN eggs are bigger than the duck eggs. The carton barely closes. These are @BlueBaby 's NN crosses.
‘Raptor hen’ ‘half sisters meet’ 😂

All of the Turken Naked Necks I've seen are ugly! Who else thinks this way? Why were they bred with no feathers on their necks? I think I heard because their easier to pluck that way... But just WHY? They are so ugly. If you care to object, please do so, but I feel like a lot of people will agree with me on this one. Even Showgirl chickens don't look good, contrary to their name.
They are so cute

Transylvania? Like, the monster movie by Adam Sandler? So Transylvania is a REAL place?
Transylvania is a region that includes Romania and bits of surrounding countries. :cool:

Sorry I've been gone for so long. Been busy with my new job and not spending much time on the interwebs...
Still have my Roadkill Roaster project going, with an all Nn flock now. Many are offspring from a red broiler rooster and heavy enough to make me happy. Got some hens going broody right now too... Gotta love it when they do all the work for me. :love
I'll see if I can get some new pics up soon.

Back
Top Bottom