turkey egg colors

birdbrain5

Songster
12 Years
Aug 2, 2010
i got my second RP egg today, i posted pics on another thread the other day, it is a pinkish with purpley speckles, real pretty. im waiting for eggs from my bronze, and im wondering what color those will be if not the same?

Quote:
I just got eggs in today there is some like you said above the others are different.
Here's apicture of them~
46537_turkey_eggs_3-10-2011_003.jpg

but generally are bronze turkey eggs a different color than say a RP's eggs? just wondering if they will be darker or a brown color or if they will look the same.

there's no differentiation from color to color in turkey eggs, they all look the same. Depending on the hen that lays them, quantity of spots is the only difference, every egg from every breed wild and domestic all look the same

Did ya hear me yell? LOL
I got my first turkey egg two days ago....nothing yesterday however.
Hen is a midgit white and male is a narrasette.
Egg was pretty good size, heavy feeling, and cream colored with freckles.

I also have a black spanish hen...guess she's gonna be slow to produce.
All 3 are last springs turkeys. They are just a year old.

She nested in an area that is a straw bed, with sides made of 2 by 4's...on the floor of the
hen house...all 3 live with the 7 hens and 3 roos. They have a 15 by 9 foot outdoor run. The hens
nest up above the area that was made for the two turkey hens.

So far so good!

I didn't leave it, I gathered it up...
wink.png

-Eagles View
NE MO.

My eggs come in all colors. It does not seem to tell you what breed they are from. if you get to know your hens that lay a unusual color, she will always lay that color. I have a brown palm hen that lays a huge white egg with very few spots. I can always tell her eggs from my other hens.

If you have deep straw, You might have to dig around to find eggs. My nesting area is made with bales of straw and a mixture of wood shaving and straw on the floor. I feel like I am digging for clams. I know where to look but the eggs are mostly 6 or more inches under the straw.

Back
Top Bottom