Turkey Pics--Puberty has hit the farm

ninjapoodles

Sees What You Did There
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Central Arkansas
The Narris are almost exactly 4 months old today, and this is pretty much what we see every time we step out the door nowadays (note the hen on the right of the frame, steadily ignoring the display):

2913598834_41bed5eabd.jpg

The hens are outnumbered two to one, so we also frequently see a scene like this, in which a whole pile of toms are following a hen, begging, pleading, and showing out...

2912749371_1b0cfd2871.jpg

...until she's finally had enough, and lets them know about it.

2913592962_e7f7895a91.jpg

And, of course, we're getting a LOT of posing:

2913594312_c2f0b10c7b.jpg

2913593808_608f34f075.jpg

2912749943_d59c333f73.jpg

At our house, where there are turkeys, there's at least one cat. We suspect that the cats are hoping for a turkey to conveniently lose consciousness.
lol.png

2913592308_f3133665c2.jpg

OMG...those are great pics! I love the displaying toms..so gorgeous.
love.gif
Are you getting a train wreck of gobbles too?

Jody

Oh my they are gorgeous:) Would love one:) Kinda looks like a pretty girl walking by a construction crew ha ha

Nice turkeys!! We got some Narris this year, too. We started out with 10, but lost 3. One had a deformed foot that turned all the way around backwards, so we had to put her down. Then my "wonderful" lab Daisy decided to have an early Thanksgiving dinner and ate 2.

Yours have such pretty tail feathers!! Unfortunately, we have 3 embden geese that like to eat our turkey feathers. None of them have tails. So sad...

Quote:
YES. Every sudden noise, every unusual sight, every treat, GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE!
lol.png

Oh my they are gorgeous:) Would love one:) Kinda looks like a pretty girl walking by a construction crew ha ha
It seriously does, doesn't it? What's funny is that they also seem to consider my husband worthy of their attentions--they LURVE HIM.
lau.gif

Nice turkeys!! We got some Narris this year, too. We started out with 10, but lost 3. One had a deformed foot that turned all the way around backwards, so we had to put her down. Then my "wonderful" lab Daisy decided to have an early Thanksgiving dinner and ate 2.

Yours have such pretty tail feathers!! Unfortunately, we have 3 embden geese that like to eat our turkey feathers. None of them have tails. So sad...

Well, ours only have one wing--we had to clip when they weren't coming inside at night.
roll.png

We lost three, as well, though we started with fifteen. Two died in the first two weeks, and one hen, very mysteriously, at close to three months. We're still mystified by that one.

Those toms are awesome
Thanks! We really do enjoy them, though I will be glad to thin the numbers of the boys come Thanksgiving.

wow they are beauties!
i really wwanted some colourful turkeys like these, but our hatchery only had the big breasted whites. they'll all look the same on the table though, i guess!

Quote:
LOL!
lol.png
We've got a few neighbors with motorcycles that drive by several times a day. As soon as Jakers hears them, he's gobble gobble gobbling back to back. It's hilarious...

Back
Top Bottom