Turkeys sick, unsure what is happening.

I Like Turkeys

Crowing
Mar 7, 2022
Florida
November 5th or 4th I had a turkey who became ill. He was weak, lethargic and would not move much even for food or water and remained sitting in one spot for days, his head often dropping to the ground. His poop was also greenish-yellow and liquidy. Besides this though, he didn’t have any other symptoms of illness. No nasal discharge, swelling in his face, lesions, or even injuries. I medicated him, but he died.
I now have another turkey acting the same as the previously dead one. He hasn’t roosted in two nights, and during the day stands in one spot with his wings drooping to the ground and eyes closed. His poop also appears greenish-yellowish and he seems to be loosing weight quickly.
I am unsure as to what is happening, as my affected birds as full-grown toms, and lacking symptoms of illnesses i’ve previously seen. I don’t have many photos, but if anybody knows why they could possibly become sick like this i’d appreciate any answer. They free-range the whole day, and I have them on 25% protein feed. I am unsure what is going on.

I would definitely separate him from the rest of the flock.

I have no experience with turkeys, so I hope a more knowledgeable person will see this thread!

Back
Top Bottom