Twin Pictures (Micky)

HI Tracy,

Still keeping in there with you
fl.gif
. I guess my only advice would be to wait for a peep or pip as that is what mine were missing. I would think that a peep or pip would mean, help me out!

Thanks justin, hi carrie im scared now lol. My husband said he will help on hatch day. Ive just candled, big egg still has 2 babies alive but i dont know which way round they are, egg 2 has 2 alive babies but they look like there beaks were both at the large end:rolleyes: might of been a foot i dont really know. Egg 3 have died, there not moving, the veins look like they have gone and its very cloudy in there.. Lockdown tomorrow.:D

Ok here goes its day 18 & lockdown. Im going to candle them just before i put them in lockdown. Im going to try and video them but the only thing is i have a octagon 40 and if anyone has one they know how dark the lid is, its so hard to see without a torch! I realy dont want to do what the lady does in the video so thats why my husband is helping, if i see blood i will pass out lol. Im hoping for at least 1 chick out of these 4 eggs. The one that arnt moving should i take it out? Im sure there dead...

Ok here goes its day 18 & lockdown. Im going to candle them just before i put them in lockdown. Im going to try and video them but the only thing is i have a octagon 40 and if anyone has one they know how dark the lid is, its so hard to see without a torch! I realy dont want to do what the lady does in the video so thats why my husband is helping, if i see blood i will pass out lol. Im hoping for at least 1 chick out of these 4 eggs. The one that arnt moving should i take it out? Im sure there dead...

If you are positive then I would probably take it out, but it won't do any harm leaving it in unless it's starting to smell.
Best of luck, we're willing them on with you!

Hi highlander, i took it out. it looked like it died about day 10. I couldnt see 2 chicks just a black blob. Candled the 4 eggs, my twins are still moving even though it looks like 1 pair are both at the large end. My 2 normal eggs with 1 babies are moving too. I started off with 8 eggs im down to 4
idunno.gif
so hoping for at least 1 baby. Ive filled all 4 channels up, took the cradle off, and taken the bars out. The 4 eggs look lost in the incubater lol.
smile.png

Thank you. I just need to see that pip so i know when to help. Do any of you guys think i should leave them for a while before i start helping them or should i help soon as its pipping? I dont want to lose any of these twins. :rolleyes:

Hi Tracy,

Even though I did not have any luck, when I did open the egg the inner shell membrane was still intact. I would think that if one was able to break open he inner membrane and begin peeping, I would consider thinking about pipping for them, then let the egg sit for 3 to 8 hours, just as a regular chick would do to gain strength and get it's lungs acclimated, to pip out and then help them out. Or the alternative, wait for one to pip and help, just remember if you see blood put them back to let the vein dry up.

Best of luck Carrie

P. S. I got eggs (Brahmas and Ameraucana's yesterday and my order of 8 mixed day old chicks pullets today) We are a full house!!! Had to move my month old Cochin pullet's outside to the garage. They love their hour and a half outside in the sun coop. 70 degrees here.

Back
Top Bottom