Twisted Neck

JamWest1007

Chirping
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Nebraska
One of our pet male cresteds, Linny, has developed a twisted neck, and I'm not sure what to do, if anything. Apparently it has been getting worse over the last couple of weeks, although my son and husband only shared this info. today. ERGH!!

Linny has a VERY large crest, which completely covers his left eye. At times I have noticed him leaning his head funny, as if his crest was simply getting too heavy, or as though he wanted to see something more clearly and needed to shift his positioning. Unfortunately, this now appears to be a permanent thing. We are in the Midwest, in the midst of the recent blizzard, so getting a picture is a real challenge, as the ducks have absolutely no desire to come out of their hutch. It does appear that this is his only symptom. He has been eating and drinking fine, and moving around typically, at least the last time they left their hutch a few days ago. Any suggestions? I am really concerned, but have no idea what to do. And unfortunately we do not have a vet in the area who works with fowl. So, any wisdom and input you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jammie

Back
Top Bottom