Two albino peahens in southeast PA-NEW PICS

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by chickenannie, Oct 7, 2010.

1. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Two pure white, matching peahens (females) available in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Both are from beautiful Burmese mama and papa. One year old. $20 each. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    sent you a PM

3. Yoda

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    Those would go great with my year old male BS. I will even pick them up if I can

4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    so they are pure white burmese!?
    got any pics?? would love to see them
    If white burmese though, you need to ad another zero to their price, LOL sorry YODA!

5. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Yes, they are pure white in color. Very pretty as a pair (though both female). I will post pics as soon as I find the disc, hopefully tommorrow.

6. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Here's a photo I took of them a few weeks ago:

[​IMG]

7. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:!?
    got any pics?? would love to see them
    If white burmese though, you need to ad another zero to their price, LOL sorry YODA!

Pure Burmese are Green so if the parents are both green they are not Burmese they are Spaldings split to White the only way to hatch whites from greens, it looks like there is yellow on there face if so Spalding Whites. and worth about $100.00 ea.

8. Yoda

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    They would look beautiful with my black shoulder male. [​IMG] I do love the white ones [​IMG]

9. Yoda

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    I do not understand this statement "Pure Burmese are Green so if the parents are both green they are not Burmese they are Spaldings split to White" What color are burmese peafowl? I mean if they are green are they pure?

10. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Quote:That's right,
    That's why I was asking.
    Java, Burmese, and Imperators are all Green colored peafowl. There is no such thing as a pure one that is white. Also, no, just be cause they are green, that doesnt mean they are pure either, could be higer percentage spaldings...
    There are white spaldings ( a cross breed between the greens and indian blue mutations)
    Which, like CherokeeTrails said, with the yellow on these's face, looks like they may have a touch of spaulding in them, not much though.

They are very healthy looking and $20 is a GREAT price, I'd jump on them YODA....

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by