Two dead chicks with no injuries

No I do not at the moment, does a finger work?
I think a q tip would be better.

Don't stress about giving this drench dose.
Just make sure you put enough in their water and make sure they are all drinking.

What size waterer do you have?

Whoa! I just read my top sentence. Sorry about that.

I am using a five quart and I put two teaspoons in. They are stressed out after me moving around everything, so I don't know if they are drinking.

Another thing you can do is measure their feed.
Can you guesstimate how much feed they are eating each day?
Whoa! I just read my top sentence. Sorry about that.
LOL It's ok...I was able to decipher it.;)

I would say maybe two pounds per day. I use this feeder:
e1181521-fc73-47ba-94ab-dee3346ea9bf_1.62d39c889c87d4596df7f20a14329037.jpeg

Ok...what I was going to suggest is making a gallon of treated Corid water and using some of this water to mix in with their feed to make it into a mash.

It would not work with a feeder like this though.

What you also can do is pick their water up late tonight.
Mix a fresh batch of Corid water first think in the morning and they should be good and thirst and drink it well in the morning.

BUT since they could already be quite ill I don't think that is a good idea either.

I went ahead a gave them the drop by using my finger. I held their mouths open and made sure one drop made it in. I also watched for the drinking motion. So far I can confirm at least four infected. One almost pooped on me and the other in the feed. :hmm

How do I make sure that the infected chicks are drinking the water? Should I dip their beaks in and force them to take at least one sip?

I went ahead a gave them the drop by using my finger. I held their mouths open and made sure one drop made it in. I also watched for the drinking motion. So far I can confirm at least four infected. One almost pooped on me and the other in the feed. :hmm

How do I make sure that the infected chicks are drinking the water? Should I dip their beaks in and force them to take at least one sip?
I'm not sure.
One sip isn't going to help.

I guess we just cross our fingers and hope they all drink it.

I mean you can separate the sick ones out and watch them to make sure they're drinking.

Back
Top Bottom