Two girls squatting! READY FOR EGGS!

kkapotsy

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2016
I've been kind of checking, so they could have done it sooner, but probably not much. Two of them squatting for me since about three days ago, and now I can't help but check the box three or four times a day
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I know it varies but what is your experience from when squatting starts til first egg?

With mine, usually 3-4 weeks, but I'm sure that it can vary with each individual. Gonna be a game of patience - one of the worst games i know of
smile.png

So when you reach to pet your chicken and they drop to the ground squatting that means they are about to lay? I've noticed one of my chickens start doing that and she has never before. I thought she felt threatened which is weird because she LOVES people. I mean obsessed. Once she gets up shes back to bugging you. I'm new to all this. :)

So when you reach to pet your chicken and they drop to the ground squatting that means they are about to lay? I've noticed one of my chickens start doing that and she has never before. I thought she felt threatened which is weird because she LOVES people. I mean obsessed. Once she gets up shes back to bugging you. I'm new to all this. :)

It means that they are in the pipeline, yes, but how long that pipeline may be is another matter

I'm new too! Lol my analogy is like a pubescent chicken.... Getting ready to be ready but not quite yet. But yes, everywhere I read says the squat is a sign their hormones are changing gearing up for that first egg! So far nothing for me yet! Been about five days since I first noticed the squat :/

My chicken I was talking about laid an egg yesterday. She was the last one to start! I had no idea that is what it meant. Thanks for the info!

Haha that's okay id rather expect it two weeks away and it happen tomorrow than expect it tomorrow and it happen two weeks from now. Nothing yet, though I go out and give them a pep talk every few hours
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom