Two legged predators

AgnesGray

Crowing
Mar 8, 2019
Ohio, US
My Coop
My Coop
We have padlocks on most coops... not on my mobile coop yet, but this was a reminder to get one. It is also behind a locked gate and electric fencing. Makes me sad for the poor guy who lost his flock.

Chickassan

Wattle Fondler
May 23, 2017
Greenville S.C, formerly Noneya U.S.A
Hope he got the runs, what a piece of work that one is.
I havn't had anyone try to steal any of my birds. I have had some people in the past steal my egg money and some eggs. I do sell them. In years past I left the money out in a cookie jar and for years had no problems. I have had some thief's. I have them all on video. I don't leave the money in the jar at night but do in the day. I have a sign up that says I have cameras. I put the last thief's pictures on the bulletin board. He came back and saw the pictures but hasn't been back since. Now I have a camera also set so who ever drives in I get their tag number.
View attachment 2504313 View attachment 2504318
My most recent thief. Taking the money out of the cookie jar. These are pictures from a video.
View attachment 2504326
Putting the money in his pocket.
View attachment 2504324
Stealing eggs.
View attachment 2504325
I didn't get the thief's tag number but I do have a picture of the truck he was driving.
View attachment 2504349

Mtnboomer

Songster
Mar 17, 2019
Southwest Virginia (mountains)
I havn't had anyone try to steal any of my birds. I have had some people in the past steal my egg money and some eggs. I do sell them. In years past I left the money out in a cookie jar and for years had no problems. I have had some thief's. I have them all on video. I don't leave the money in the jar at night but do in the day. I have a sign up that says I have cameras. I put the last thief's pictures on the bulletin board. He came back and saw the pictures but hasn't been back since. Now I have a camera also set so who ever drives in I get their tag number.
View attachment 2504313 View attachment 2504318
My most recent thief. Taking the money out of the cookie jar. These are pictures from a video.
View attachment 2504326
Putting the money in his pocket.
View attachment 2504324
Stealing eggs.
View attachment 2504325
I didn't get the thief's tag number but I do have a picture of the truck he was driving.
View attachment 2504349
That guy is scum of the earth.

EmmaRainboe

💙Ameraucana Spell Checker 💜
Premium Feather Member
Jul 30, 2020
Bainbridge Island Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I heard stories of this before I got chickens. It was really heart breaking. I have locks that require keys on all my doors, I bring the keys in every night. While this won't stop someone who is determined it does prevent people who may just take them because they can. I also have security cameras up, and roosts away from the doors so they would have to walk all the way in to get the birds. I live in a pretty nice community so I don't expect stealing birds to be an issue, but I do tend to be overly paranoid about most things so I have things up for precaution. :lol:

Also lots of easier targets around here. :lol:

cmom

Hilltop Farm
13 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I have electric wires around my coops and pens. If anything touches the hot wires they will hurt for a couple of days. My fence is also grounded so if anyone touches the fencing and the hot wires they will surely get a good zap.

Top Bottom