Two legged predators

We have padlocks on most coops... not on my mobile coop yet, but this was a reminder to get one. It is also behind a locked gate and electric fencing. Makes me sad for the poor guy who lost his flock.

Hope he got the runs, what a piece of work that one is.
I havn't had anyone try to steal any of my birds. I have had some people in the past steal my egg money and some eggs. I do sell them. In years past I left the money out in a cookie jar and for years had no problems. I have had some thief's. I have them all on video. I don't leave the money in the jar at night but do in the day. I have a sign up that says I have cameras. I put the last thief's pictures on the bulletin board. He came back and saw the pictures but hasn't been back since. Now I have a camera also set so who ever drives in I get their tag number.
View attachment 2504313View attachment 2504318
My most recent thief. Taking the money out of the cookie jar. These are pictures from a video.
View attachment 2504326
Putting the money in his pocket.
View attachment 2504324
Stealing eggs.
View attachment 2504325
I didn't get the thief's tag number but I do have a picture of the truck he was driving.
View attachment 2504349

I havn't had anyone try to steal any of my birds. I have had some people in the past steal my egg money and some eggs. I do sell them. In years past I left the money out in a cookie jar and for years had no problems. I have had some thief's. I have them all on video. I don't leave the money in the jar at night but do in the day. I have a sign up that says I have cameras. I put the last thief's pictures on the bulletin board. He came back and saw the pictures but hasn't been back since. Now I have a camera also set so who ever drives in I get their tag number.
View attachment 2504313View attachment 2504318
My most recent thief. Taking the money out of the cookie jar. These are pictures from a video.
View attachment 2504326
Putting the money in his pocket.
View attachment 2504324
Stealing eggs.
View attachment 2504325
I didn't get the thief's tag number but I do have a picture of the truck he was driving.
View attachment 2504349
That guy is scum of the earth.

I heard stories of this before I got chickens. It was really heart breaking. I have locks that require keys on all my doors, I bring the keys in every night. While this won't stop someone who is determined it does prevent people who may just take them because they can. I also have security cameras up, and roosts away from the doors so they would have to walk all the way in to get the birds. I live in a pretty nice community so I don't expect stealing birds to be an issue, but I do tend to be overly paranoid about most things so I have things up for precaution. :lol:

Also lots of easier targets around here. :lol:

I have electric wires around my coops and pens. If anything touches the hot wires they will hurt for a couple of days. My fence is also grounded so if anyone touches the fencing and the hot wires they will surely get a good zap.

Back
Top Bottom