Two Of My Teen Daughters (15,14) Bringing Home Babies Today: UPDATE!

Mom#2 getting a workout with more cries at 1:37...

Ok, crisis averted....

oh, this is pure genius by the school system....

"It's your fault, Dad! If the remote wouldn't have dead batteries!"

lau.gif

"What baby?"

lau.gif
lau.gif

I assume the teacher stresses to them that if they think a weekend is bad... try handling that crying every night for MONTHS! My first son didn't sleep entirely through the night until he was 10mos old. My second one, I just gave up and let him sleep with me most of the time.

My youngest daughter had one of these babies two years ago. It made her think really hard about things. She thought is would be a piece of cake,but it wasn't. She recently got her driver's license and she begged me to do the grocery shopping and we were on the cell phone almost the whole time. They think it's so easy until they have to do it by themselves. Life lessons learned.

rotfl, i love those dolls they r great for teaching just a sample of what u will go through. here they have them that r good babies, some r crack babies, some r just night fussers, and some colicy babies u pray u get a good baby,lol. we do it in our schools in high school as part of home economics i think now.

when i was in high school (i think 9th i did it, the babies came a year later)we did it as a week long project for english class but we had raw eggs to carry, boy did that suck haveing kid's bang up against u in the halls and such. u also had to worry people would laugh and try to break them on purpose or trip u so u dropped them and such.

we had to give them hair and a face and make them clothes and baskets, name them, have husbands, keep journals of what we did with the eggs, do a family photo album and budget income, and buy a house and have a job. if they got cracked and the teach would know they were special marked, we had to make death certificated and have a funeral for them, omg was it weird and hard to do but alot of fun. it was like 65% of our grade and they had to be with us constantly and were only allowed babysitters so many times for the whole week. i'd of much rather had the baby dolls, lol. i got an A+ on my project but had my first kid at 18 and now i have 5 beautiful kid's, somehow i don't think the eggs have the same teaching effects.
gig.gif

This is interesting, but I wonder - do they give the dolls out to boys too? I mean it takes two to tango, and a young man should know the responsibilities also and the reality of it too.

Back
Top Bottom