two questions re: hawks and molting

I don't think I'm going to let them free-range without extreme supervision. I was seriously spooked today by this hawk. I'm thinking about putting a solid roof on their run...

As far as getting a puppy goes, I think my first child (current dog) would have major issues with that! She really enjoys being an only dog and is already slightly annoyed by the ducks although mostly just ignores them.

Don't let them free range! A hawk got my Daisy the other day and today he was back looking for a meal. My husband, border collie, Anatolain shepherd and I were all in or near the duck pen with the radio blasting battening down the pen for another possible attack and that killer hawk came swooping down on my duck pen apparently with no fear of us! When it killed Daisy in the back of the barn I wasn't 5' from it and it just looked at me and spread it's wings as if to say "what?". Scared the crap out of me!

Don't let them free range! A hawk got my Daisy the other day and today he was back looking for a meal. My husband, border collie, Anatolain shepherd and I were all in or near the duck pen with the radio blasting battening down the pen for another possible attack and that killer hawk came swooping down on my duck pen apparently with no fear of us! When it killed Daisy in the back of the barn I wasn't 5' from it and it just looked at me and spread it's wings as if to say "what?". Scared the crap out of me!

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Back
Top Bottom