Tylan 50 dosage for a Gosling

I second the vet if possible. That also looks like it might be an eye infection, not really a respiratory thing necessarily. You might want to try some terramycin in her eye and see what that does.
She is sneezing as well. Can I get terramycin at most feed stores? I do have vetericyn, the blue gel to put in eyes, is that the same thing?

Nope, not the same thing, but yes, terramycin is available at most feed stores. I know Tractor Supply carries it.

Can you tell us about her living situation? What her brooder is like, if it's wet or dry, if it's been changed recently, what you're using for bedding, etc? And is she the only gosling with symptoms? What is the health of her siblings like?

Nope, not the same thing, but yes, terramycin is available at most feed stores. I know Tractor Supply carries it.

Can you tell us about her living situation? What her brooder is like, if it's wet or dry, if it's been changed recently, what you're using for bedding, etc? And is she the only gosling with symptoms? What is the health of her siblings like?

I had them inside while it was colder temps and here in Texas we had a cpuple days that were warmer so i had them in the greenhouse and turn on the heat lamp at night for them. When they were inside I was changing their cage atleast daily sometimes twice because geese are so messy. Her siblings are alittle older and are doing great and show no signs of respitory at all. The second day that I had them in the greenhouse, i moved around the plants to trim them all up. I probably stirred up a good amount of dust doing so which i think is what caused this. As of right now her and her siblings are back inside because I'm afraid to leave the. In the greenhouse now. She has two other sebbie males that she is with and two call ducks that are perfectly fine.

Thanks for the info! Trying to get to the route of what caused this so that we can figure out what to treat it with. Tylan is only going to treat a bacterial infection, if it's something environmental that's doing it, it will do nothing. What type of bedding are you using in the brooder in the house? Did the sneezing and eye issues start when she was in the greenhouse, or when she was indoors?

Also, have you tried making a duckling waterer to cut down on the wetness? They're great for when you're brooding indoors.

Thanks for the info! Trying to get to the route of what caused this so that we can figure out what to treat it with. Tylan is only going to treat a bacterial infection, if it's something environmental that's doing it, it will do nothing. What type of bedding are you using in the brooder in the house? Did the sneezing and eye issues start when she was in the greenhouse, or when she was indoors?

Also, have you tried making a duckling waterer to cut down on the wetness? They're great for when you're brooding indoors.

I am using pine shavings indoors and on the floor in the greenhouse. I also have the water feeder inside a deep Tupperware dish to try to advoid the wetness issues but they still manage to get it wet. How do you make a duckling waterer?

I am using pine shavings indoors and on the floor in the greenhouse. I also have the water feeder inside a deep Tupperware dish to try to advoid the wetness issues but they still manage to get it wet. How do you make a duckling waterer?

That bedding should be fine. A duckling waterer can be made with an old cottage cheese container or something similar or another style can be made out of a gallon milk jug, Here are some pictures:

e589fc1f680fa5a9e09613a9da74d78b.jpg

Ducks%2Bin%2Bbigger%2Bbrooder%2B008.JPG

From what you've said I wonder if one of the plants in the greenhouse is actually what caused her the irritation.

That bedding should be fine. A duckling waterer can be made with an old cottage cheese container or something similar or another style can be made out of a gallon milk jug, Here are some pictures:

e589fc1f680fa5a9e09613a9da74d78b.jpg

Ducks%2Bin%2Bbigger%2Bbrooder%2B008.JPG

From what you've said I wonder if one of the plants in the greenhouse is actually what caused her the irritation.
They were eatting leaves off the lemon tree but all the other plants are off the ground and out of reach.

Back
Top Bottom