Tylan 50 injectable taken orally?

This afternoon will be 2 days since I have started the treatment with Tylan 50 and they are not worse and they are not better. I will continue the treatment but I need to order a broad spectrum antibiotic because I really don't know if they have MG. You mentioned Baytril but it says permanent egg withdraw? Is there any other antibacterial med out there good for a big range of possible chicken respiratory infections?
What symptoms have you seen in sick birds? Many respiratory diseases are caused by viruses (infectious bronchitis, ILT, others,) and those will not respond to an antibiotic. Those usually last a month or more and run their course. Coryza, another bacterial disease, may respond to Tylan in combination with sulfa antibiotics, such as sulfadimethoxine. Symptoms may give clues on which disease you are treating. Also testing would help to diagnose. Here is a good list of all common diseases including the respiratory ones with symptoms:
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

The symptoms started 1 week ago with the rooster then 2 more hens and I have separated the sick birds days ago and started to treat with Tylan 50 orally. The symptoms are sneezing, coughing and ruffled feather and maybe low activity. They seems to eat, drink just fine so far. After how many days of treating with Tylan 50 I should see improvement?

I've been reading old post for an hour now. So may different opinions. Several people say they give the Tylan directly into the mouth instead of giving injection. Doing that would make me feel much better, because the injection scares me to death. But it's whats best for her...

So........... any advise on giving it orally?

Thanks.

There are some drugs which are already labelled for both Injections & Oral use i have a bottle of baytril 10% used in both ways. if your medicine didnt mentioned about oral route dont do it

I just bought a bottle of Denagard from Amazon so it can be delivered by Christmas. If the Tylan 50 doesn't work after 5 days of treatment then I will give them that since I read in some posts that Denagar is great for respiratory diseases with no egg withdraw period. Does anyone have any experience with Denagard?

So if the Tylan 50 doesn't work, this should probably cover it? Or should I also order something else? I was considering Baytril but that has permanent egg withdraw...

So if the Tylan 50 doesn't work, this should probably cover it? Or should I also order something else? I was considering Baytril but that has permanent egg withdraw...
It could be something that just needs to run its course that no antibiotic will help.

Us having some testing done by your state lab doable?

You really should find out what you are trying to battle because a lot of these type diseases don't ever go completely away and you may have to continue to deal with 'flare ups.'

The symptoms you are describing sound more like a virus. It is difficult to tell a virus such as infectious bronchitis from a mild strain of MG, but if you don’t see improvement after 3 days of Tylan, then it may be a virus. Infectious bronchitis lasts around a month with symptoms of frequent sneezing, slight congestion, and some decrease in laying. MG causes bubbles in a swollen eye, crusty sticky eye drainage, cough or sneeze, and depression. If they are eating and drinking enough, and remain fairly active, I would complete the Tylan, and watch them. Antibiotics should not be used for treating a virus.

It could be something that just needs to run its course that no antibiotic will help.

Us having some testing done by your state lab doable?

You really should find out what you are trying to battle because a lot of these type diseases don't ever go completely away and you may have to continue to deal with 'flare ups.'

No, I cannot afford to get lab test done...this is why Im trying to get help here. Most of the people come here for that exact reason to ask for help from more experienced chicken lovers. If we could afford it then we would!!! Last time I went to the vet to get my chicken checked up was $200 with the visit and lab sample and the lady wasnt even very knowledgeable of chickens and I even called around like 10 vets or so. I just needed to know if I should try Denagard after Im done with my 5 days of Tylan. I understand it could be viral and if that should be the case I will let it run its course and give my chickens probiotics and vitamins and yogurt and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom