ugg men and the lack there of lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
So last night was my best friends B-Day and for the first time in 3 months I put on a dress and make-up and got a babysitter and we all went to the city for a nice steak dinner. We went to Quality Meats and at the table next to us was a team of Rugby players. Each one prettier (yes I said pretty) than the next.

So one started flirting with me, when I said that I had chickens and did the farming thing he looked disgusted. His friend seemed to be interested since he was from Greece and more used to the raising your own food thing but just the look on this guys face and I was so turned off. It was only a 5 minute conversation and I really had no interest, preferring the rugged man type, but did not think a little harmless flirting would be bad for my ego.

My DH died almost 4 years ago (not looking for sympathy it is what it is) and he was my soul mate and friend from childhood. I know that he is waiting for me but I am in my early 30's and don't want to spend the next 40 + years (if I am that lucky) alone. Although I am quiet good at it and try to be both Father and Mother to our DS it is just more fun when you have someone to do stuff with.

I don't know where I am going with this tread but it would be nice to meet a farmer carpenter type guy that fishes and does all the stuff I like although I think that is unlikely where I live. This is not a request nor am I fishing for men here at BYC lol just thinking out loud so to speak....

sounds like you have a lovely steady home base for you &your kid, and that's half the battle. don't let the turkeys get you down. your man is out there somewhere! and he'll be glad to find ya. in the meantime...you know what to do...gratitude for the gifts each day brings.

take care!

It is easier for find what you are looking for if you start searching!
thumbsup.gif

Sorry you lost your love. Bet he wouldn't want you living alone forever either. I always like the phrase. "Don't go looking and one will come to you." You weren't looking but you had some flirting with you, he just wasn't the one. There will be more opportunities. Hang there!! Have fun!

Good luck!!! When the right one comes alone, you will know it!!!
smile.png
Oh, and I might hold off mentioning the chickens.
smile.png
I would just wait and casually drop it in after you are dating...say something like "oh, I have to get back and check on my chickens" then it doesn't seem quite so strange to people.
smile.png
Or better yet, wait til you bring them home to meet the chickens!!!
smile.png

I find this same attitude with family members! My sister has strick rules about me "talking chicken" in public! My mother and her think I am quite crazy, because we grew up as city kids and never had chickens. Where did my obsession come from? Well hubby doesn't mind, so I will keep on hatching!!!!
wee.gif

After checking out the Happychick on her BYC page I get a vision of 100's of BYC chicken mens snappin in they gold tooth caps!
lol.png

Sorry I couldn't help myself!

ha that is very sweet of you lol

I had a post in match.com it was very strange basically I stated I was a widow and would be interested in a man that could do at least 7 of the following things

Build a deck or something substantial
snow board
be able to handle and discharge a variety of weapons
be mechanically inclined
Be able to wire a light or fix a broken pipe
Ride motorcycles
Enjoy deep sea fishing
Make me laugh
Respect my family, friends and most importantly DS
run large operating machines
enjoy living simply and self sufficiently
able to clean up nice for the occasional wedding or night out.

let me tell you I got a lot of very strange responses from that whole mess and only kept it up for a month or so.
lau.gif

I am never looking, not really good at that and way too busy to really date which would make it hard if someone good was to come around. I did have a BF for the last 8 months but he did not respect my ds and the few rules I have for controlling his asthma so I dumped him on Valentines.
somad.gif

That guy was a JERK. Even if the farm-ag life wasn't his thing, to make a face is just so childish and rude.

You need to find someone like I have or like my brother. They're still out there. We all love the farm life. I used to live in NYC and when people I know from those days find out I live on a farm now with chickens and such I get the same reaction - they look at me like I'm crazy.

People like that just don't understand what they're missing. You'll find a nice guy who will be a good role model for your son. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. You have to kiss a few frogs before you find another prince like the one you had and the next one will be man enough to not be intimidated by someone who has her act together.

Aside from church, is there somewhere you can go to just socialize in a friendly way and still bring your son? We have neighborhood get togethers here, and there are clubs and such people can get involved in where they can bring their children. Is your son too little for 4H? How about any school activities or clubs? 4H would rock because you could meet people who care about animals and if nothing else you could meet other parents your age.

Don't think they're all gone though because they're not. he's out there looking for you too, you just haven't found each other yet!
hugs.gif

Have patience. If you lost your soul mate it may take God a while to find you another. You seem to be quite the catch (get it - catch -like fishing - haha) so any guy will be lucky to have you.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom